5v Power supply board on cocktail pin

is giving me fits. So....if I can find a brand new AT power supply (5
and 12 VDC) for $19, is there a reason why I shouldn't hook it up to
the game? Anybody done this/have suggestions for doing this?

Thanks!!
Bob

Seems like it ( should work ). I would take current measurements on all
the power supply lines to see how much your game is demanding from the
existing ps , before trying to fit in another supply. I have fit a
switching supply into a DE game once to try to get rid of speaker hum.
Works fine.

On 2005-08-27 09:28:30 -0700, "Woodsy" <woodsy2@NONcomSPAMcast.net> said:

> Seems like it ( should work ). I would take current measurements on all
> the power supply lines to see how much your game is demanding from the
> existing ps , before trying to fit in another supply. I have fit a
> switching supply into a DE game once to try to get rid of speaker hum.
> Works fine.
>
> <rwkeown@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> is giving me fits. So....if I can find a brand new AT power supply (5
>> and 12 VDC) for $19, is there a reason why I shouldn't hook it up to
>> the game? Anybody done this/have suggestions for doing this?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>> Bob

The original +5VDC supplies for c/t pinballs were usually 3 to 5 amps.
Modern switching ATX computer power supplies are normally 15 - 25 amps.
So...no problem! The only issue using an ATX supply is you have to
bypass (short to common) the control line so the supply will turn ON
when plugged in.

And also make sure the supply can ventilate itself, it won't run hot,
but if the input or exhaust lovres are covered then it will fail
sooner. There is enough air flow within the cabinet so you don't need
to add an extra opening for the power supply.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call