WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE IPB IJ CAB DECALS REWARD $450

OK, so the quest continues, i have found MANY IJ cab decals but none of
the IPB versions that i am looking for. Some i missed by weeks, others
by days, i swear it's like tracking bigfoot. SO...... I'm offering $450
to find the elusive set of Indiana Jones cab decals.

Dan

sullyshark at hotmail dot com
17 answers Last reply
More about wanted dead alive decals reward

    ive got somebody working the pipeline with lucas to get these done. ill
    pay the damn license fee directly.

    i cant promise the license will be issued, but it wont be for a lack of
    effort.

    On 26 Aug 2005 14:13:46 -0700, azarcadegames@cox.net wrote:

    >ive got somebody working the pipeline with lucas to get these done. ill
    >pay the damn license fee directly.
    >
    >i cant promise the license will be issued, but it wont be for a lack of
    >effort.

    Go, Darin, Go!

    Kick Ass!

    > OK, so the quest continues, i have found MANY IJ cab decals but none of
    > the IPB versions that i am looking for. Some i missed by weeks, others
    > by days, i swear it's like tracking bigfoot. SO...... I'm offering $450
    > to find the elusive set of Indiana Jones cab decals.

    Pinball Heaven was supposed to be getting more sets in on 8/31, go here and
    look on the bottom left. They can notify you when and *IF* they get any
    more.

    http://tinyurl.com/78chu

    Skeets

    Now that is what I like to hear Darin!

    I think you should save your money for legal fees.

    Lucas will not approve any proposal you put forward, as they have no
    rights to approve art or Williams Trademark use which they do not own.

    Go for your life and spin your wheels all you want.

    sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:
    > I think you should save your money for legal fees.
    >
    > Lucas will not approve any proposal you put forward, as they have no
    > rights to approve art or Williams Trademark use which they do not own.
    >
    > Go for your life and spin your wheels all you want.

    You sir, are a detriment to this hobby.

    Instead of telling everyone what they can't do, why not start helping
    people with what CAN be done? After all, You'd still get your cut of
    the money anyways, wouldn't you.

    Oh well, at least there will always be parts available to keep my old
    Gottliebs running and looking nice.

    Dave

    People don't need to be told what they can't do because they know what
    can be done legally and what they can't.

    You can't drive a car without a license can you??
    And you can't reproduce art or use Trademarks you are not licensed to
    use.

    We at least are doing everything legal in relation to licensing,
    because of things in the past both US and IPB are working on both Star
    Wars and IJ licenses at present.

    wayne

    as a two faced compulsive liar youre not someone i would take advice
    from. especially when you make me sign a confidentiality agreement and
    then you break the one you signed for me. hah. save your money for
    legal fees and then hire a US attorney, youre going to need one i
    assure you.

    btw, the money i spend is all mine. if you think im going to let you
    use my money to get a license with lucas youre crazy. maybe you have
    fooled other investors into ponying up money for your operation, but
    not me.

    even without a license from you i hoped you had some level of success
    in parts to supply the people in here that need them. not anymore.

    Donnie you are 100% correct a license normally lasts for 2-3 years and
    parts maybe 7 years.

    So yes, Williams cannot transfer rights of a 3rd party Trademark even
    if they still had the rights available which they don't.

    Everything available new has been Ilegal and any parts with Lucas or
    Indiana Jones on it needs a License, that also includes

    Monster bash
    Addams Family
    Creature
    IJ
    Twilight Zone
    Etc Etc Etc

    and licenses cost from 5 to 25k.

    I am under the impression that if it was made during the license term
    IE NOS then they can still be sold today but anything new needs a
    license.

    sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:

    > We at least are doing everything legal in relation to licensing,
    > because of things in the past both US and IPB are working on both Star
    > Wars and IJ licenses at present.

    people would still be buying the IJ decals from IPB but you put a stop
    to that when you admitted to me that you turned gene in for making
    these without a 3rd party license. something that he may or may not
    have known was needed.

    On 27 Aug 2005 09:01:18 -0700, azarcadegames@cox.net wrote:

    [...]

    >btw, the money i spend is all mine. if you think im going to let you
    >use my money to get a license with lucas youre crazy. maybe you have
    >fooled other investors into ponying up money for your operation, but
    >not me.

    Investors? I heard the Australian government helped him out. I wonder
    if the good Aussie taxpayers know they helped fund this loser?

    That's the problem, right there. Any pinball part that clearly carries
    images of somebody else's licensed and trademarked property needs a
    license from Williams for the art, and from the third-party provider.

    So if Darin gets a license from Paramount to make IJ pinball decals, he
    can do that - but they can't be the same as the originals wihout
    permission to use the Williams intellectual property. How different do
    they have to be? Lawyers answer that one, and they cost more than
    licenses.

    What Wayne is doing is like the "de-napsterization" of pinball. He's
    got to make it into a business, and part of that is making money from
    the intellectual property that he bought. It means that pinball parts
    are going legal, for which we all pay a price. The tradeoff is that we
    should see parts become more available.

    There are lots of people- like Darin - who really helped the hobby
    through some difficult times. And the volumes were low enough that
    nobody really noticed or cared. But, like Napster, the unlicensed days
    are over.

    It all comes down to October 12, when Wayne gets to show his hand to
    the market.

    Your statement is highly uncalled for, besides being unethical,
    unprofessional and most certainly hateful! Why anyone would buy so much as
    a short "bus ride" with your company is beyond me. Do you have a brother
    named David living in Florida?

    LJ

    On Sat, 27 Aug, sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:
    > I think you should save your money for legal fees.
    >
    > Lucas will not approve any proposal you put forward, as they have no
    > rights to approve art or Williams Trademark use which they do not own.
    >
    > Go for your life and spin your wheels all you want.

    I must be missing something.

    I don't understand why a new license has to come from Lucas for what
    amounts to pinball machine parts. I can see it needing to come from
    Williams or whoever controls that, but why are side decals any different
    from, say, ROM images? Those have Lucas art in them. What about ramp
    decals? Are we in a situation where *all* parts with art on them for theme
    licensed games produced by Bally/Williams are not legal? Or was the Lucas
    license more limited than some?

    I understand needing a new license to make *new* IJ *machines*. I don't
    understand needing a new license to sell parts to support *existing*
    machines. Did the original license run out at some point? Or was it not
    transferrable to a new owner?

    --Donnie

    On Sat, 27 Aug, azarcadegames@cox.net wrote:
    > people would still be buying the IJ decals from IPB but you put a stop
    > to that when you admitted to me that you turned gene in for making
    > these without a 3rd party license. something that he may or may not
    > have known was needed.

    I'd be willing to bet he didn't. I'd also be willing to bet that if nobody
    went complaining that Lucas wouldn't have cared AT ALL about people
    creating parts to keep those machines going. Sure, they'd probably care
    about new machines, but not keeping old ones nice...

    --Donnie

    On Sat, 27 Aug, martin wrote:
    > That's the problem, right there. Any pinball part that clearly carries
    > images of somebody else's licensed and trademarked property needs a
    > license from Williams for the art, and from the third-party provider.
    >
    > So if Darin gets a license from Paramount to make IJ pinball decals, he
    > can do that - but they can't be the same as the originals wihout
    > permission to use the Williams intellectual property. How different do
    > they have to be? Lawyers answer that one, and they cost more than
    > licenses.
    >
    > What Wayne is doing is like the "de-napsterization" of pinball. He's
    > got to make it into a business, and part of that is making money from
    > the intellectual property that he bought. It means that pinball parts
    > are going legal, for which we all pay a price. The tradeoff is that we
    > should see parts become more available.
    >
    > There are lots of people- like Darin - who really helped the hobby
    > through some difficult times. And the volumes were low enough that
    > nobody really noticed or cared. But, like Napster, the unlicensed days
    > are over.

    Well, I agree, but you're leaving out part of the equation. That part is
    the stuff that is *still* to small to mess with as far as licenses are
    concerned. The problem here is now we have a much more aggressive entity
    protecting his rights to those parts *just in case* they either get popular
    enough to do *or* manufacturing processes are developed that allow him to
    do smaller runs cost effectively.

    That's still all within his right to do, but it does pose a problem for
    those of us who wanted/needed parts like that and where the Darin's of the
    world could make it happen. Just because Darin could make something happen
    doesn't mean it makes business sense for *Wayne* to make it happen. But
    Wayne will make sure it *doesn't* happen just to protect his rights, which
    we can't blame him for, but doesn't leave many of us incredibly happy,
    either.

    Maybe Wayne will blow our socks off on Oct 12 with parts we never dreamed
    would be made available. Somehow I doubt it, but if he does, I'll be his
    biggest cheerleader.

    --Donnie

Hotmail Games Video Games