Can't host games in Gamespy Arcade.

I've got a MN-720 and can't seem to host any games, is
there a way to do this? I've tried opening the ports but
still can't host, any help?
5 answers Last reply
More about host games gamespy arcade

    Did you do application triggered port forwarding or persistent port
    forwarding?

    Brian wrote:

    > I've got a MN-720 and can't seem to host any games, is
    > there a way to do this? I've tried opening the ports but
    > still can't host, any help?

    I have set it up in Persistent Port Forwarding, but I
    have no idea if it's right or not, Gamespy does not give
    very specific instructions for my router.

    Did you get the right TCP & UDP ports that gamespy arcade requires?

    What router are you using?

    > I have set it up in Persistent Port Forwarding, but I
    > have no idea if it's right or not, Gamespy does not give
    > very specific instructions for my router.

    Some of the ports they list do not say whether they are
    tcp or udp, the ones that say they are UDP are set
    properly but the ones that do not say either tcp or udp
    I've set as tcp. I've added all the ports. I have a MN-720

    You may try doing both TCP & UDP for the ports they didn't say because
    they might just be using both. That is just a guess though.

    > Some of the ports they list do not say whether they are
    > tcp or udp, the ones that say they are UDP are set
    > properly but the ones that do not say either tcp or udp
    > I've set as tcp. I've added all the ports. I have a MN-720

Routers Hardware Games Microsoft Networking