Finally P4 64 bit scores compared to 32 bit

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.gamepc.com/labs/print_content.asp?id=xp641218" target="_new"> at last ! </A>

Dunno, but it seems to me there might be some truth to the rumours Nocona/Prescott runs its double pumped ALU at half speed (or full speed 32 bit at a time) after all. Some pretty spectacular slowdowns in Sandra and Apache.

Also interesting: P4 beats Opteron in Doom3. Seems like Doom3 really dislikes high(er) latency of Opterons registered RAM, because otherwise identical A64's spank it silly in the same test.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

trooper11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
at this time it does seme to be an even match between the two for 64bit except ina few areas, id liek to see more tests doen, but it looks like intel may indeed have some defincies in EM64T that they will have to work out. i also find this quote kind of funny:

"Intel still refuses to release 64-bit drivers for their many components, even though they are now publicly promoting 64-bit technology through EMT64."

well that about sums it up. if intel really doesnt want to see x86-64 to gain strength, then they know how to go about it lol.

darko21

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2003
Very interesting tanks 4 de link. appears to be a tie. Not what I was expecting but kudos to intel so far. I'm sure more benchies etc will be coming intel is still lacking many 64bit drivers should prolly help intel if they put some effort into 64 drivers.

Interesting times ahead.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.