Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2013
Can any of you recommend the best 1080 p monitor for both intensive gaming and for watching movies and are Apple monitors good for gaming with 12ms response time for greet to grey...?? :bounce:

Solution
There are no "best 1080p monitors" out there. Monitors are specialized and optimized for different tasks and so it all depends on so many factors, specifically on what YOU want/need as a consumer. Now when it comes to budget, I assume that if you're looking for "the best" then money should be a small obstacle.
Now there are many options to choose from, mainly these;

- TN-panels: Pros: fastest response times, most modern ones are 3D capable, cheap. Cons: bad viewing-angle, poor colorreproduction (ie. worst image quality of the lot).

- IPS-panels: basically almost the EXACT opposite of TN-panels

- VA-panels: looks to combine the advantages of both TN & IPS but does so in a "mediocre" way, leaving it somewhere inbetween the two...

megahurtz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Can any of you recommend the best 1080 p monitor for both intensive gaming and for watching movies and are Apple monitors good for gaming with 12ms response time for greet to grey...?? :bounce:

Hi mate
I just bought a samsung s27a950d 3d led lcd wich is great for gaming and movie's it has fast responce time and also great colour accuracy wich make's my game's look even better it also has really good brightness as well.As for apple screens have not heard anything good nor did i know they made lcd'd that are'nt a mac all in one but with a 12ms responce time it would be a bad choice for intensive gaming look for fast responce time's and good colour accuracy. :sol:

Addablo

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Well it depends on how much money you are spending. If you want something cheap then don't consider the 3D Monitors. Just buy a LED monitor because they save energy and have an ambient light right for movies and games. I have 3 "filters" when i buy a gaming/movie watching monitor:
1) low response time (ofc if you have a gaming PC i would recommend an 21 inch or higher screen)
2) high contrast ratio (for movies)
3) refresh rate (this is important in some cases because IE i have a 17 inch screen right now showing 1280X1024. Because its maunfactured refresh rate was at 60 mhz i was barely seeing half of my desktop so i set it at 75 mhz and now i'm seeing all of my screen plus it makes everything a little more clear and sharper.)

megahurtz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Fast responce time will allow for more fluint motion in high speed scene's be it gaming or movie's and 3d is not that good as i found out but 120hz refresh rate is great to reduce screen tear in fast paced games.

Addablo

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
And yes for 250$ i would go for the Dell UltraSharp U2312HM because it rocks for that money but for 400$ go for the BenQ that bigcyco1 listed that's very good too.

evga_fan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
There are no "best 1080p monitors" out there. Monitors are specialized and optimized for different tasks and so it all depends on so many factors, specifically on what YOU want/need as a consumer. Now when it comes to budget, I assume that if you're looking for "the best" then money should be a small obstacle.
Now there are many options to choose from, mainly these;

- TN-panels: Pros: fastest response times, most modern ones are 3D capable, cheap. Cons: bad viewing-angle, poor colorreproduction (ie. worst image quality of the lot).

- IPS-panels: basically almost the EXACT opposite of TN-panels

- VA-panels: looks to combine the advantages of both TN & IPS but does so in a "mediocre" way, leaving it somewhere inbetween the two technologies. Also, common to TN & IPS is the poor production of black images (looks almost grey). VA was introduced to address that problem.

For more reading: (http://www.tnpanel.com/tn-vs-ips-va/), (http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php)

Now as you can see, they all have their advantages and disadv. Some say TN is the best for gaming due to its quickness, while others who may not play FPS-games but rather strategy prioritizes better image quality. So in the end, it is all up to you!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.