CPU maxed?

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hello,I did'nt know where to post this, so here I am.My CPU usage runs at 100% constantly,this has just started happening,the thing about it is that when I open task manager CPU usage drops to almost nothing!I have tried many methods through search and followed lot's of advice to no avail.I have i5-2500 and 16gb's of gskill ripjaw 1600mz ram and radeon 7970 gpu with windows 7 ultimate.I have ran Malwarebytes anti malware,and I am now stuck for a solution.I would appreciate any help,thanks.

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Hi,I am using Intel meter monitor and Speedfan,thing is I open Taskmanager my CPU usage drops and I close Taskmanager and CPU usage rises to 100% ..

This is a problem that can occur when using too many monitoring programs. I recommend not using any at all.

zulux

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Well it's not a virus,ran eset and mbam and it looks like i'm clean, both are updated.do you have any other suggestions?

Hi :)

If you can borrow or buy a Norton 2013 DISC, boot from it (in DOS) , UPDATE it, then run a full scan.... Eset isnt bad but a Norton dos scan is better...and 100% disc use says SOMETHING is using the resources....

One final thought...is your Ultimate legal as the one floating around the net (the illegal one) came with a very nasty set of Russian viruses....

All the best Brett :)