Inspiron 1100 - user feedback please

BT

I'd appreciate any feedback from users of the Inspiron 1100 notebook. I need an
inexpensive laptop just for word processing, viewing digital photos on DVD's,
and web browsing. Would the bare bones machine with only 256 MB work well for
these tasks? Does the keyboard feel "okay" or is it overly "springy"? Thanks
in advance.

BT

BT

Sorry I meant the Inspiron 1000.

Mobile Intel® Celeron® processor,2.20GHz,14.1 inch XGA

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

256MB, 1 DIMM

30GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive

Thanks,
BT

"BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'd appreciate any feedback from users of the Inspiron 1100 notebook. I need
an
> inexpensive laptop just for word processing, viewing digital photos on DVD's,
> and web browsing. Would the bare bones machine with only 256 MB work well for
> these tasks? Does the keyboard feel "okay" or is it overly "springy"? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> BT

"BT" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'd appreciate any feedback from users of the Inspiron 1100 notebook. I
need an
> inexpensive laptop just for word processing, viewing digital photos on
DVD's,
> and web browsing. Would the bare bones machine with only 256 MB work well
for
> these tasks? Does the keyboard feel "okay" or is it overly "springy"?
Thanks
> in advance.

I have one and although it's not my main laptop (I have a i4150 as well) it
a fine laptop for the money. It's only drawbacks are it's weight/bulkiness
and the fact that it only has USB ports. I personally like the keyboard.
Other then key placement it's not all that different from my 4150 in feel
and responsiveness.

All in all I'd say it's a good laptop for word processing, internet
browsing, and the like.

I would double that RAM if I were you. Compare memory costs at
www.crucial.com before buying it at dell.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Eugene

BT wrote:

> I'd appreciate any feedback from users of the Inspiron 1100 notebook. I
> need an inexpensive laptop just for word processing, viewing digital
> photos on DVD's,
> and web browsing. Would the bare bones machine with only 256 MB work well
> for
> these tasks? Does the keyboard feel "okay" or is it overly "springy"?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> BT
Wife has one. We both hate it. It runs way too hot, even with a clean
install of Windows it still turns on both loud cpu fans constantly. Its a
2.4G P4 machine and my 1G PIII Latitude runs programs faster than it does
and almost never runs the cpu fan.

I got one and sent it back after a week due to a hardware problem and
frustration with the overseas tech and customer support.

Got a Toshiba "Satellite" and like it much better. Thinner, lighter,
with a more pleasing keyboard.