  • Linksys
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 13, 2004 1:17:41 AM

Hi All,

I am having an issue with port forwarding with my MN-500
router. Hoping someone out there may have a suggestion.

Okay, here is what I have set up:
I have a Linksys router connected to the DSL line into the
house. There are 2 computers hooked up to the Linksys
router, and a third line going to the MN-500 router.
There are 2 computers connected to the MN-500(one of which
is a webserver), and a third wireless connection. The
problem I am having is I am unable to access the websites
on the webserver anymore.

The setup I had prior to adding the MN-500, was the
webserver connected to the Linksys router. I had port
forwarding (ports 98 and 99) forwarding to the webserver.
This setup worked well.

Now I have ports 98 and 99 of the linksys router
forwarding to the IP address of the MN-500, and the MN-500
port forwarding 98 and 99 to the webserver.

Linksys ports 98-99 forward to 192.186.2.41 (MN-500 IP)

Setup on the Base Station Management tool for persistent
port forwarding:

Inbound port 98-99
Type: TCP/IP
Private IP - 192.168.2.32 (webserver IP)
private port - 98-99

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance.

Kevin

More about : port forwarding issue 500

September 13, 2004 1:24:06 PM

Stop using two routers. You should under no circumstances ever use two
routers. You need to do one of the two following procedures.

1) Only use the MN-500 (no more linksys router).

2) Put the MN-500 into bridge mode after changing it's LAN IP address to
the same range as the linksys LAN IP address & continue to use the
linksys as your main router.

!