Port Forwarding Issue (MN-500)

Hi All,

I am having an issue with port forwarding with my MN-500
router. Hoping someone out there may have a suggestion.

Okay, here is what I have set up:
I have a Linksys router connected to the DSL line into the
house. There are 2 computers hooked up to the Linksys
router, and a third line going to the MN-500 router.
There are 2 computers connected to the MN-500(one of which
is a webserver), and a third wireless connection. The
problem I am having is I am unable to access the websites
on the webserver anymore.

The setup I had prior to adding the MN-500, was the
webserver connected to the Linksys router. I had port
forwarding (ports 98 and 99) forwarding to the webserver.
This setup worked well.

Now I have ports 98 and 99 of the linksys router
forwarding to the IP address of the MN-500, and the MN-500
port forwarding 98 and 99 to the webserver.

Linksys ports 98-99 forward to 192.186.2.41 (MN-500 IP)

Setup on the Base Station Management tool for persistent
port forwarding:

Inbound port 98-99
Type: TCP/IP
Private IP - 192.168.2.32 (webserver IP)
private port - 98-99

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance.

Kevin
1 answer Last reply
More about port forwarding issue

    Stop using two routers. You should under no circumstances ever use two
    routers. You need to do one of the two following procedures.

    1) Only use the MN-500 (no more linksys router).

    2) Put the MN-500 into bridge mode after changing it's LAN IP address to
    the same range as the linksys LAN IP address & continue to use the
    linksys as your main router.

    Kevin wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am having an issue with port forwarding with my MN-500
    > router. Hoping someone out there may have a suggestion.
    >
    > Okay, here is what I have set up:
    > I have a Linksys router connected to the DSL line into the
    > house. There are 2 computers hooked up to the Linksys
    > router, and a third line going to the MN-500 router.
    > There are 2 computers connected to the MN-500(one of which
    > is a webserver), and a third wireless connection. The
    > problem I am having is I am unable to access the websites
    > on the webserver anymore.
    >
    > The setup I had prior to adding the MN-500, was the
    > webserver connected to the Linksys router. I had port
    > forwarding (ports 98 and 99) forwarding to the webserver.
    > This setup worked well.
    >
    > Now I have ports 98 and 99 of the linksys router
    > forwarding to the IP address of the MN-500, and the MN-500
    > port forwarding 98 and 99 to the webserver.
    >
    > Linksys ports 98-99 forward to 192.186.2.41 (MN-500 IP)
    >
    > Setup on the Base Station Management tool for persistent
    > port forwarding:
    >
    > Inbound port 98-99
    > Type: TCP/IP
    > Private IP - 192.168.2.32 (webserver IP)
    > private port - 98-99
    >

    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    > Thank you very much in advance.
    >
    > Kevin

Routers Port Forwarding Linksys Networking