Looking for suggestions for business laptop

Hi,

I am looking to get a new laptop for my business. I do a lot of multi-tasking with Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, online databases and probably will have some kind of music running in the background. Sometimes I might have 15-20 different types of documents open.
I am looking at an HP DV6T model. I will running Win. 7 Professional and Office 2010.

Should I go with a i3-350M or 15-430M processor?

I am looking to get 4 GIG of memory, 500GB HD 7200 and 512 ATI 5470 card.

What is the middle to mid-high end way to go?

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about looking suggestions business laptop
  1. Hello
    Well,if you can afford the i5 430M then go for it,it will do better in multi tasking
  2. If you plan on having that many items open, you may want to look at a laptop with a SSD, will help quite a bit with responce times.
  3. thanks for the feedback. Is the i5 430M overkill for what I am going to use it for?
  4. moosh said:
    thanks for the feedback. Is the i5 430M overkill for what I am going to use it for?

If you get a SSD, stick with the faster CPU as you will then not have to worry about having a bottleneck and can keep from upgrading for a while. While you are at it, track down a laptop with decent graphics as well. May cost you another $50 or $100 but will be worth it. edit.. I see you already put that in your specs.
  5. moosh said:
    thanks for the feedback. Is the i5 430M overkill for what I am going to use it for?

No, a dual core CPU is mainstream for today's games/apps.However how much is the price difference between i5 430m and the i3 350m ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops