Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

Re: Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company

yep like larry gass
43 answers Last reply
More about dell shitty unethical inefficient company
  1. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    While there may be some truth to what you say, you complete lack of
    any supporting facts speaks more of your being a troll than anything
    about Dell.
    Goodbye troll.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


    "tiredofspam456" <tiredofspam456@gamezonemail.com> wrote in message
    news:9b8e90f.0406180742.2e2e566e@posting.google.com...
    > Re: Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company
    >
    > yep like larry gass
  2. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    Supporting facts?

    Go here:

    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm


    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:EcGAc.9888$K53.3309@edtnps89...
    > While there may be some truth to what you say, you complete lack of
    > any supporting facts speaks more of your being a troll than anything
    > about Dell.
    > Goodbye troll.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    You clearly missed the point.
    The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.

    Your reference is also lacking.
    Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile repair
    shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see are
    broke.
    I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many other
    reasons.
    The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    steam.

    Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided stories.
    Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    factual.
    Thus your point is lost

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


    "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > Supporting facts?
    >
    > Go here:
    >
    > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
  4. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Another close minded Dell can do no wrong!
    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:7hJAc.10531$K53.4846@edtnps89...
    > You clearly missed the point.
    > The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.
    >
    > Your reference is also lacking.
    > Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    > Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile repair
    > shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see are
    > broke.
    > I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many other
    > reasons.
    > The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    > steam.
    >
    > Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided stories.
    > Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    > point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    > factual.
    > Thus your point is lost
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >
    >
    > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > > Supporting facts?
    > >
    > > Go here:
    > >
    > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative reports on a
    company that you are considering doing business with.

    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:7hJAc.10531$K53.4846@edtnps89...
    > You clearly missed the point.
    > The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.
    >
    > Your reference is also lacking.
    > Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    > Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile repair
    > shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see are
    > broke.
    > I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many other
    > reasons.
    > The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    > steam.
    >
    > Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided stories.
    > Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    > point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    > factual.
    > Thus your point is lost
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >
    >
    > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > > Supporting facts?
    > >
    > > Go here:
    > >
    > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    No, sir.........if you looked carefully, there was a tab for 'good guys' on
    that site.

    Positive experiences with vendors are logged there.

    (Dell was NOT listed).

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:7hJAc.10531$K53.4846@edtnps89...
    > You clearly missed the point.
    > The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.
    >
    > Your reference is also lacking.
    > Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    > Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile repair
    > shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see are
    > broke.
    > I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many other
    > reasons.
    > The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    > steam.
    >
    > Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided stories.
    > Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    > point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    > factual.
    > Thus your point is lost
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >
    >
    > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > > Supporting facts?
    > >
    > > Go here:
    > >
    > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    >
    >
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    David Nimon wrote:

    > Supporting facts?
    >
    > Go here:
    >
    > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm

    Funny, I didn't see "shitty", "unethical" or "inefficient" in the Dell
    writeup. (feel free to construe this as sarcastic)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene wrote:

    > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative reports on a
    > company that you are considering doing business with.

    Now this sounds like good advice.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    At least the BBB has credibility.
    These other sites have a credibility of about zero for reasons that
    seem obvious.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


    "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:10d6unk5g56ilc1@corp.supernews.com...
    > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative
    reports on a
    > company that you are considering doing business with.
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    > news:7hJAc.10531$K53.4846@edtnps89...
    > > You clearly missed the point.
    > > The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.
    > >
    > > Your reference is also lacking.
    > > Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    > > Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile
    repair
    > > shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see
    are
    > > broke.
    > > I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many
    other
    > > reasons.
    > > The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    > > steam.
    > >
    > > Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided
    stories.
    > > Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    > > point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    > > factual.
    > > Thus your point is lost
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jupiter Jones
    > > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    > >
    > >
    > > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > > > Supporting facts?
    > > >
    > > > Go here:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  10. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Me close minded?
    Really?
    Based on one post?
    And what does that make you?
    Closed minded in the opposite direction as you accuse me?
    That actually makes you what you mistakenly claim I am.

    If this phrase "Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company"
    has worthwhile information for you?
    Nothing but trolling.

    I would consider facts from reliable sources, but the OP offers
    nothing...apparently enough for you though.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


    "Rivero" <Reviro22@msn.com> wrote in message
    news:10d6uca9uig0u2a@corp.supernews.com...
    > Another close minded Dell can do no wrong!
    > "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
  11. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    On 6/18/04 11:42 AM, in article
    9b8e90f.0406180742.2e2e566e@posting.google.com, "tiredofspam456"
    <tiredofspam456@gamezonemail.com> wrote:

    > Re: Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company
    >
    > yep like larry gass

    Couldn't agree more. Dell is the _WORST_ PC vendor out there. There are
    betters out there. And this is spoken from someone with plenty of
    experience in the industry...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    In article <IdOAc.17923$V57.3388915@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    Vince McGowan <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote:

    > David Nimon wrote:
    >
    > > Supporting facts?
    > >
    > > Go here:
    > >
    > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    >
    > Funny, I didn't see "shitty", "unethical" or "inefficient" in the Dell
    > writeup. (feel free to construe this as sarcastic)

    Dell's support may be less than it used to be, but it's still rated right
    at the top along with Apple. Bad support puts folks out of business, ask
    Packard-Bell.

    email to mdell@dell.com usually gets results with a legitimate complaint.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    news:BCF9DC96.845C%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > On 6/18/04 11:42 AM, in article
    > 9b8e90f.0406180742.2e2e566e@posting.google.com, "tiredofspam456"
    > <tiredofspam456@gamezonemail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Re: Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company
    >>
    >> yep like larry gass
    >
    > Couldn't agree more. Dell is the _WORST_ PC vendor out there. There are
    > betters out there. And this is spoken from someone with plenty of
    > experience in the industry...
    >

    <crosspost slashed>

    Great! Since there are "plenty betters out there" and since you have "plenty
    of experience in the industry", please enlighten all of us with a list of
    vendors who are better and why.

    Regards,

    Stew
  14. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    news:EeOAc.17929$V57.3392119@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
    > Irene wrote:
    >
    > > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative reports
    on a
    > > company that you are considering doing business with.
    >
    > Now this sounds like good advice.
    >

    Then you apparently do not understand todays BBB.

    They only maintain files on 'their members. Now their members pay a dues
    each year so who exactly do you suppose they are going to side with?

    If you want to make a complaint that means anything your state AG or
    Consumer Affairs office is the only worthwhile route.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    news:BCF9DC96.845C%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > On 6/18/04 11:42 AM, in article
    > 9b8e90f.0406180742.2e2e566e@posting.google.com, "tiredofspam456"
    > <tiredofspam456@gamezonemail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Re: Dell is just a shitty, unethical, inefficient company
    > >
    > > yep like larry gass
    >
    > Couldn't agree more. Dell is the _WORST_ PC vendor out there. There are
    > betters out there. And this is spoken from someone with plenty of
    > experience in the industry...

    Striclly opinion based on 'your' persoanl experience.
    I for example have 3 Dell 8300's and never a hiccup from any of them.
    Two times I have called Dell, I spoke with someone courteous and was able
    to quickly answer my question or take care of my request (both sales
    related).

    Now I am also a Senior Tech for a Major PC peripheral vendor whose support
    center is still domestic. I have on many occasion confrenced with a customer
    and their Dell support contact when working on an issue they were having. I
    find Dells support reps no more lacking in experience than some of the tier
    one reps (even some Tier II) within U.S. based companies.

    Fact is that area of the world is VERY tech savvy. language, not experience
    is the biggest barrier I see.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:MROAc.14167$K53.13900@edtnps89...
    > At least the BBB has credibility.

    Not according to PC Medic. >g<

    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    news:MROAc.14167$K53.13900@edtnps89...
    > At least the BBB has credibility.
    > These other sites have a credibility of about zero for reasons that
    > seem obvious.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >
    >
    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:10d6unk5g56ilc1@corp.supernews.com...
    > > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative
    > reports on a
    > > company that you are considering doing business with.
    > >
    > > "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    > > news:7hJAc.10531$K53.4846@edtnps89...
    > > > You clearly missed the point.
    > > > The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.
    > > >
    > > > Your reference is also lacking.
    > > > Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
    > > > Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile
    > repair
    > > > shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see
    > are
    > > > broke.
    > > > I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many
    > other
    > > > reasons.
    > > > The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
    > > > steam.
    > > >
    > > > Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided
    > stories.
    > > > Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
    > > > point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
    > > > factual.
    > > > Thus your point is lost
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jupiter Jones
    > > > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > > > news:oGIAc.56633$7H1.1866233@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > > > > Supporting facts?
    > > > >
    > > > > Go here:
    > > > >
    > > > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  17. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    I am sorry, but the "top of the pack" in which all the pack are at best
    poor, really doesn't mean very much, does it?


    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    news:rmarkoff-732110.07290219062004@news04.east.earthlink.net...
    > In article <IdOAc.17923$V57.3388915@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    > Vince McGowan <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote:
    >
    > > David Nimon wrote:
    > >
    > > > Supporting facts?
    > > >
    > > > Go here:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm
    > >
    > > Funny, I didn't see "shitty", "unethical" or "inefficient" in the Dell
    > > writeup. (feel free to construe this as sarcastic)
    >
    > Dell's support may be less than it used to be, but it's still rated right
    > at the top along with Apple. Bad support puts folks out of business, ask
    > Packard-Bell.
    >
    > email to mdell@dell.com usually gets results with a legitimate complaint.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    On 6/19/04 5:51 PM, in article NB2Bc.144451$Yr.41503@okepread04, "PC Medic"
    <NOT@home.net> wrote:

    > Striclly opinion based on 'your' persoanl experience.
    > I for example have 3 Dell 8300's and never a hiccup from any of them.
    > Two times I have called Dell, I spoke with someone courteous and was able
    > to quickly answer my question or take care of my request (both sales
    > related).

    I've had many no-name PC's without a hiccup, that doesn't mean all are good.
    On the contrary - many are not good.

    But from a value standpoint - Dell is bottom of the barrel.

    Most PC benchmarks put them at or near the bottom of the barrel when it
    comes to performance. Just this July in PC Magazine, Dell's mid-top tier
    laptop was the LAST PLACE IN ALL BENCHMARKS among like systems. Their other
    boxes don't do much better, barely making it into the middle of the pack.

    Dell's reliance on Intel is also going to be their downfall when Longhorn
    comes out. After all, Intel has gotten with their pants down WRT 64-bits on
    the desktop, which AMD has been working on very well for the last few years.
    (Intel's first designs are copies if AMD's early 64-bit chips - this has
    been verified in numerous sources). So, when Intel comes out with a 6t4-bit
    desktop chip, it will be a lackluster performer. Perfect for a Dell box -
    after all they pride themselves on selling mediocre and poor solutions.

    > Now I am also a Senior Tech for a Major PC peripheral vendor whose support
    > center is still domestic. I have on many occasion confrenced with a customer
    > and their Dell support contact when working on an issue they were having. I
    > find Dells support reps no more lacking in experience than some of the tier
    > one reps (even some Tier II) within U.S. based companies.

    That's nice. Facts are I manage many many servers (30+ in my location
    alone), all but 2 are IBM (2 are Dell) The IBM servers just keep running and
    running without incident- I've replaced maybe 2 drives in 4 years. The
    Dells, I've lost 2 drives in 6 months and they are noisy and very poor
    performers. Needless to say anyone who uses Dell in a server role needs to
    have their head examined. They are poorly manufactured boxes. Heck,
    picking one up results in the chassis flexing and bending, something that
    never happens with IBM boxes....

    In general, Dell machines are poorly built and poor performing POS PC's.
    There are far better choices out there that offer superior performance,
    choice and quality. Too bad none of those things come in a box labeled
    Dell.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    Mailing Lists wrote:

    > On 6/19/04 5:51 PM, in article NB2Bc.144451$Yr.41503@okepread04, "PC Medic"
    > <NOT@home.net> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Striclly opinion based on 'your' persoanl experience.
    >>I for example have 3 Dell 8300's and never a hiccup from any of them.
    >>Two times I have called Dell, I spoke with someone courteous and was able
    >>to quickly answer my question or take care of my request (both sales
    >>related).
    >
    > I've had many no-name PC's without a hiccup, that doesn't mean all are good.
    > On the contrary - many are not good.
    >
    > But from a value standpoint - Dell is bottom of the barrel.
    >
    > Most PC benchmarks put them at or near the bottom of the barrel when it
    > comes to performance. Just this July in PC Magazine, Dell's mid-top tier
    > laptop was the LAST PLACE IN ALL BENCHMARKS among like systems. Their other
    > boxes don't do much better, barely making it into the middle of the pack.

    That's interesting, PCWorld rated Dell Dimensions #1 (4600) & #3 (2300)
    among value systems.

    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116023,00.asp

    Dell notebooks are #3 on their Desktop Replacement list, #2 on their
    Value list and #4 on their Ultraportable list.

    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116024,00.asp

    > Dell's reliance on Intel is also going to be their downfall when Longhorn
    > comes out. After all, Intel has gotten with their pants down WRT 64-bits on
    > the desktop, which AMD has been working on very well for the last few years.
    > (Intel's first designs are copies if AMD's early 64-bit chips - this has
    > been verified in numerous sources). So, when Intel comes out with a 6t4-bit
    > desktop chip, it will be a lackluster performer. Perfect for a Dell box -
    > after all they pride themselves on selling mediocre and poor solutions.

    yada, yada
  20. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    news:BCFA87DE.84EB%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > On 6/19/04 5:51 PM, in article NB2Bc.144451$Yr.41503@okepread04, "PC
    Medic"
    > <NOT@home.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Striclly opinion based on 'your' persoanl experience.
    > > I for example have 3 Dell 8300's and never a hiccup from any of them.
    > > Two times I have called Dell, I spoke with someone courteous and was
    able
    > > to quickly answer my question or take care of my request (both sales
    > > related).
    >
    > I've had many no-name PC's without a hiccup, that doesn't mean all are
    good.
    > On the contrary - many are not good.

    You are correct and I did not say ALL Dells are good. I simply stated that
    the original comment was "based on 'your' persoanl experience" with a Dell
    purchase (which I am sure now will number in the hundreds of units).

    >
    > But from a value standpoint - Dell is bottom of the barrel.

    Again this would be an individual opinion as consumer polls definitely
    indicate otherwise.

    >
    > Most PC benchmarks put them at or near the bottom of the barrel when it
    > comes to performance. Just this July in PC Magazine, Dell's mid-top tier
    > laptop was the LAST PLACE IN ALL BENCHMARKS among like systems. Their
    other
    > boxes don't do much better, barely making it into the middle of the pack.

    Being in the industry (and no I do not work for Dell), I know enough to taks
    Ziff-Davis opinions at their face value. Which appears to match the value of
    the ad campaign the vendor has with them!
    And while my systems all bench out quite well, this thread was discussing
    support quality not product quality.


    >
    > Dell's reliance on Intel is also going to be their downfall when Longhorn
    > comes out. After all, Intel has gotten with their pants down WRT 64-bits
    on
    > the desktop, which AMD has been working on very well for the last few
    years.
    > (Intel's first designs are copies if AMD's early 64-bit chips - this has
    > been verified in numerous sources). So, when Intel comes out with a
    6t4-bit
    > desktop chip, it will be a lackluster performer. Perfect for a Dell box -
    > after all they pride themselves on selling mediocre and poor solutions.
    >

    Now I understand you lack of knowledge as you are one of the close minded,
    my chips better than your chip type, which again is not part of this thread.


    > > Now I am also a Senior Tech for a Major PC peripheral vendor whose
    support
    > > center is still domestic. I have on many occasion confrenced with a
    customer
    > > and their Dell support contact when working on an issue they were
    having. I
    > > find Dells support reps no more lacking in experience than some of the
    tier
    > > one reps (even some Tier II) within U.S. based companies.
    >
    > That's nice. Facts are I manage many many servers (30+ in my location
    > alone), all but 2 are IBM (2 are Dell) The IBM servers just keep running
    and
    > running without incident- I've replaced maybe 2 drives in 4 years. The
    > Dells, I've lost 2 drives in 6 months and they are noisy and very poor
    > performers. Needless to say anyone who uses Dell in a server role needs
    to
    > have their head examined. They are poorly manufactured boxes. Heck,
    > picking one up results in the chassis flexing and bending, something that
    > never happens with IBM boxes....
    >

    Well damn you own a couple problem Dells !! I didn't realize that, I mean
    this changes everything!
    You have got to one of the most renound sources of Dell quality and
    performance information on the planet!
    I bow to you oh mighty network guy!

    Our network runs on Dell and HP servers and never any out of the ordinary
    problems.


    > In general, Dell machines are poorly built and poor performing POS PC's.
    > There are far better choices out there that offer superior performance,
    > choice and quality. Too bad none of those things come in a box labeled
    > Dell.

    And like I and the others out there, I guess you have your opinion.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    On 6/20/04 2:05 AM, in article
    VO9Bc.30452$V57.7684783@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, "Vince McGowan"
    <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote:

    > That's interesting, PCWorld rated Dell Dimensions #1 (4600) & #3 (2300)
    > among value systems.
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116023,00.asp

    From that link you'll note that no Dell was in the power PC's list. I
    wonder why....

    > Dell notebooks are #3 on their Desktop Replacement list, #2 on their
    > Value list and #4 on their Ultraportable list.

    I feel sorry for anyone who follows that poor advice. Dell laptops are
    among the worst made out there. Cheap plastics, keyboards that bend when
    you type, etc.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    On 6/20/04 9:31 AM, in article bmgBc.145047$Yr.119932@okepread04, "PC Medic"
    <NOT@home.net> wrote:

    > You are correct and I did not say ALL Dells are good. I simply stated that
    > the original comment was "based on 'your' persoanl experience" with a Dell
    > purchase (which I am sure now will number in the hundreds of units).

    Actually, no. Where I work we unfortunately and mistakedly switched to dell
    from IBM for the desktop side of things. I feel sorry for the people who
    have to use and support them. They are in for a lot of work when the POS's
    break down. But it was management being lazy asses and wanting someone else
    to track purchases which Dell agreed to do. But the lost productivity will
    be large. IBM has the BEST corporate PC management suite out there, and
    they are no more expensive than the POS Dellboxen that they order now...

    But, where we need reliability (servers, which is my area), it will be a
    cold day in HELL before we buy a DELL. We need reliability, something they
    don't offer.

    > Again this would be an individual opinion as consumer polls definitely
    > indicate otherwise.

    More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them good
    values or excellent cars? I think not.


    > Being in the industry (and no I do not work for Dell), I know enough to taks
    > Ziff-Davis opinions at their face value. Which appears to match the value of
    > the ad campaign the vendor has with them!
    > And while my systems all bench out quite well, this thread was discussing
    > support quality not product quality.

    It's not just them WRT benchmarks. Tom's Hardware did a benchmark a while
    (it has been a while) on OEM systems and Dell placed dead last among them.
    Other magazines show a similar trend. Dell is not a performance PC brand.
    They had to stop their "xxx company uses Dell because they are high
    performance PC's" advertising campaign because it was not true.

    Dell is not a good company. Period. Mediocre to poor products and an
    average price. Unfortunately that sort of thing gets rewarded in the
    marketplace.


    > Now I understand you lack of knowledge as you are one of the close minded,
    > my chips better than your chip type, which again is not part of this thread.

    No, not really. It's just a FACT that Intel is facing an uphill battle in
    the coming months WRT 64-bits on the desktop. What was it - 3-6 months ago
    they said there was no need for it. Now the biggest software co who's
    software sells their chips more than any other says their next version needs
    64-bit dual core on the desktop for best performance. Whoops - we don't
    have anything like that - Itanic's a flop, CentrinWho ain't 64 bit, the
    Peee4 is at a clockspeed wall for the last 1-2 years, etc. Whoops. Our
    competitors (IBM, AMD) have 64-bits on the desktop (G5, Athlon) and server
    that often surpass the performance of our flagship chips. Whoops.

    Sorry, I like the best solutions - that¹s why I don't:
    * Own an Intel CPU
    * Run Windows (look at my headers to determine what OS)
    * Tell every one to stay away from Dell
    * Drive a GM product
    * Buy cheap stuff - learned a long time ago you get what you pay for.

    Maybe I'm just picky, but before I jump into something I typically do
    research, not just buy something because I see an ad on the TV (which is, I
    suspect why Dell's sales are so high).

    > Well damn you own a couple problem Dells !! I didn't realize that, I mean
    > this changes everything!
    > You have got to one of the most renound sources of Dell quality and
    > performance information on the planet!

    Well, when the servers are slower than similar hardware and have more
    failures than similar hardware, I'd hardly call that a QUALITY solution.
    Especially when they are all of the same vintage, and some of the IBM boxen
    are a little older.

    You can't build quality and reliability at Dell's price points. You just
    can't. You can come close, but again, you get what you pay for.

    > Our network runs on Dell and HP servers and never any out of the ordinary
    > problems.

    Define out of the ordinary. Drive failures are not something that's
    ordinary. They should not happen in a 1.5 year old box that spent 1 year of
    that turned off in a rack... Oops, that's a Dell for you.

    > And like I and the others out there, I guess you have your opinion.

    True. I'd advise everyone to stay away from Dell. You will regret it at
    some point.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    Don't feed the troll.

    "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    news:VO9Bc.30452$V57.7684783@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
    > Mailing Lists wrote:
    >
    >> On 6/19/04 5:51 PM, in article NB2Bc.144451$Yr.41503@okepread04, "PC
    >> Medic"
    >> <NOT@home.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Striclly opinion based on 'your' persoanl experience.
    >>>I for example have 3 Dell 8300's and never a hiccup from any of them.
    >>>Two times I have called Dell, I spoke with someone courteous and was
    >>>able
    >>>to quickly answer my question or take care of my request (both sales
    >>>related).
    >>
    >> I've had many no-name PC's without a hiccup, that doesn't mean all are
    >> good.
    >> On the contrary - many are not good.
    >>
    >> But from a value standpoint - Dell is bottom of the barrel.
    >>
    >> Most PC benchmarks put them at or near the bottom of the barrel when it
    >> comes to performance. Just this July in PC Magazine, Dell's mid-top tier
    >> laptop was the LAST PLACE IN ALL BENCHMARKS among like systems. Their
    >> other
    >> boxes don't do much better, barely making it into the middle of the pack.
    >
    > That's interesting, PCWorld rated Dell Dimensions #1 (4600) & #3 (2300)
    > among value systems.
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116023,00.asp
    >
    > Dell notebooks are #3 on their Desktop Replacement list, #2 on their Value
    > list and #4 on their Ultraportable list.
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116024,00.asp
    >
    >> Dell's reliance on Intel is also going to be their downfall when Longhorn
    >> comes out. After all, Intel has gotten with their pants down WRT 64-bits
    >> on
    >> the desktop, which AMD has been working on very well for the last few
    >> years.
    >> (Intel's first designs are copies if AMD's early 64-bit chips - this has
    >> been verified in numerous sources). So, when Intel comes out with a
    >> 6t4-bit
    >> desktop chip, it will be a lackluster performer. Perfect for a Dell
    >> box -
    >> after all they pride themselves on selling mediocre and poor solutions.
    >
    > yada, yada
    >
  24. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    news:BCFB181D.8507%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > On 6/20/04 2:05 AM, in article
    > VO9Bc.30452$V57.7684783@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, "Vince McGowan"
    > <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote:
    >
    > > That's interesting, PCWorld rated Dell Dimensions #1 (4600) & #3 (2300)
    > > among value systems.
    > >
    > > http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116023,00.asp
    >
    > From that link you'll note that no Dell was in the power PC's list. I
    > wonder why....

    Perhaps it is as simple as they did not submit one for review?
    Looking at some of those listed it certainly should not have been any other
    reason.


    >
    > > Dell notebooks are #3 on their Desktop Replacement list, #2 on their
    > > Value list and #4 on their Ultraportable list.
    >
    > I feel sorry for anyone who follows that poor advice. Dell laptops are
    > among the worst made out there. Cheap plastics, keyboards that bend when
    > you type, etc.
    >

    Hmm, I have not noticed this problem.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message news:BCFB1BF2.8509%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them good
    > values or excellent cars? I think not.

    Where are you getting this GM data from? I haven't checked recently,
    but for many years in a row, the Honda Accord was the best selling car,
    as well as being highly rated by Consumer Reports.

    --

    John Richards
  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
    news:_t2Bc.144450$Yr.104857@okepread04...
    >
    > "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
    > news:EeOAc.17929$V57.3392119@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
    > > Irene wrote:
    > >
    > > > Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative
    reports
    > on a
    > > > company that you are considering doing business with.
    > >
    > > Now this sounds like good advice.
    > >
    >
    > Then you apparently do not understand todays BBB.
    >
    > They only maintain files on 'their members. Now their members pay a dues
    > each year so who exactly do you suppose they are going to side with?
    >
    > If you want to make a complaint that means anything your state AG or
    > Consumer Affairs office is the only worthwhile route.

    To make it really effective, send them to the Texas agencies (where Dell is
    headquartered).
  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    news:rmarkoff-230233.16315020062004@news02.east.earthlink.net...
    > Dells are the worst PCs made, except for anybody else.


    <crosspost slashed>

    WTF. It would appear you need to change your bong water, dood.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    Where are you getting your numbers from, the Accord has not outsold the
    whole GM product line.
    He didn't specify a specific model, like you did. He specified a brand.
    Brands: GM = Honda,
    Models: Accord = Caprice

    Nice try!

    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    message news:BqlBc.3043$uQ.1248@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
    > "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    news:BCFB1BF2.8509%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > > More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them good
    > > values or excellent cars? I think not.
    >
    > Where are you getting this GM data from? I haven't checked recently,
    > but for many years in a row, the Honda Accord was the best selling car,
    > as well as being highly rated by Consumer Reports.
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Richards
    >
  29. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    > Actually, no. Where I work we unfortunately and mistakedly switched to
    dell
    > from IBM for the desktop side of things. I feel sorry for the people who
    > have to use and support them. They are in for a lot of work when the
    POS's
    > break down. But it was management being lazy asses and wanting someone
    else
    > to track purchases which Dell agreed to do. But the lost productivity
    will
    > be large. IBM has the BEST corporate PC management suite out there, and
    > they are no more expensive than the POS Dellboxen that they order now...
    >
    > But, where we need reliability (servers, which is my area), it will be a
    > cold day in HELL before we buy a DELL. We need reliability, something
    they
    > don't offer.


    Really, we have over 800 Dell workstaions and 17 servers. Over the last 6
    years I have replaced 3 hard drives, 5 cd rom drives and 1 monitor.
    Breakdowns, HA. I have never had a single problem with the servers, other
    than tape drives, which by the way were not supplied by Dell. Going with
    Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them because
    there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500. And
    yes we've looked at the IBM's.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    What does this have to do with Verizon Cellular?

    "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
    news:10deiufpcpe11b@corp.supernews.com...
    > > Actually, no. Where I work we unfortunately and mistakedly switched to
    > dell
    > > from IBM for the desktop side of things. I feel sorry for the people
    who
    > > have to use and support them. They are in for a lot of work when the
    > POS's
    > > break down. But it was management being lazy asses and wanting someone
    > else
    > > to track purchases which Dell agreed to do. But the lost productivity
    > will
    > > be large. IBM has the BEST corporate PC management suite out there, and
    > > they are no more expensive than the POS Dellboxen that they order now...
    > >
    > > But, where we need reliability (servers, which is my area), it will be a
    > > cold day in HELL before we buy a DELL. We need reliability, something
    > they
    > > don't offer.
    >
    >
    > Really, we have over 800 Dell workstaions and 17 servers. Over the last 6
    > years I have replaced 3 hard drives, 5 cd rom drives and 1 monitor.
    > Breakdowns, HA. I have never had a single problem with the servers, other
    > than tape drives, which by the way were not supplied by Dell. Going with
    > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    because
    > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500.
    And
    > yes we've looked at the IBM's.
    >
    >
    >
  31. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    " Going with
    > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > because
    > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another 1500."

    Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    discovered they are very dissatisfied too.

    Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    >" Going with
    >> > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    >> because
    >> > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    >> > 1500."
    >
    > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >
    > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.

    <crosspost slashed, again>


    In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives such
    as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
    qualifying their remarks. Be doubly suspcious of those who crosspost while
    doing so.


    Stew
  33. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
    news:TkVBc.247$vp3.176@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
    >

    > In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives
    such
    > as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
    > qualifying their remarks.


    I would agree, at least in part. "best" and "worst", in my experience are
    usually based on one's personal experience and should probably being
    accepted as such. But, you are right about "always, never, everyone,
    everybody" and most other all inclusive terms.


    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
    news:TkVBc.247$vp3.176@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
    >
    > "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    > >" Going with
    > >> > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > >> because
    > >> > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    > >> > 1500."
    > >
    > > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    > >
    > > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
    >
    > <crosspost slashed, again>
    >
    >
    > In this newsgroup or any other, beware of posters who use superlatives
    such
    > as "always, never, everyone, everybody, best, worst" so forth without
    > qualifying their remarks. Be doubly suspcious of those who crosspost
    while
    > doing so.
    >
    >
    > Stew
    >
    >
  34. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Be triply suspicous of posters that can't handle criticsim
    toward a company being criticsized.

    I think these forums are a great way to warn other consumers from getting
    ripped off. No hidden agenda here, how about you?
  35. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    > " Going with
    > > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > > because
    > > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    1500."
    >
    > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >
    > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    > " Going with
    > > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > > because
    > > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    1500."
    >
    > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >
    > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
    what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
    road. And that's over a 6 year period.

    "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    > " Going with
    > > > Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > > because
    > > > there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    1500."
    >
    > Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >
    > Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:239468a3.0406221317.628d0fd@posting.google.com...
    > Be triply suspicous of posters that can't handle criticsim
    > toward a company being criticsized.
    >
    > I think these forums are a great way to warn other consumers from getting
    > ripped off. No hidden agenda here, how about you?


    Thanks for removing the crosspost.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    I love my dell laptops..... I work for a fortune 100 and Dell is
    standard issue.

    We had IBM on the standards list for a while. I had one for 2 months
    and told them to go and get me a dell. I think HP is now on the
    standards list but most folks opt for dells.

    BTW I also "help" freinds get thier PC, I love Dell quality (for
    server, desktops and laptops) and rarely have an issue.


    Mailing Lists <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message news:<BCFB181D.8507%mailinglists@covad.net>...
    > On 6/20/04 2:05 AM, in article
    > VO9Bc.30452$V57.7684783@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, "Vince McGowan"
    > <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote:
    >
    > > That's interesting, PCWorld rated Dell Dimensions #1 (4600) & #3 (2300)
    > > among value systems.
    > >
    > > http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,116023,00.asp
    >
    > From that link you'll note that no Dell was in the power PC's list. I
    > wonder why....
    >
    > > Dell notebooks are #3 on their Desktop Replacement list, #2 on their
    > > Value list and #4 on their Ultraportable list.
    >
    > I feel sorry for anyone who follows that poor advice. Dell laptops are
    > among the worst made out there. Cheap plastics, keyboards that bend when
    > you type, etc.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    skids wrote:
    > I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
    > what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
    > road. And that's over a 6 year period.
    >
    > "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    >
    >>" Going with
    >>
    >>>>Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    >>>
    >>> because
    >>>
    >>>>there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    >
    > 1500."
    >
    >>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    >>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    >>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    >>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    >>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    >>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    >>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >>
    >>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
    >
    >
    >
    FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
    them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with
    clients. Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
    they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
    and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
    basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
    make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
    or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message
    news:40D96F3F.3050904@att.net...
    >
    >
    > skids wrote:
    >> I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always received
    >> what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
    >> road. And that's over a 6 year period.
    >>
    >> "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    >>
    >>>" Going with
    >>>
    >>>>>Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    >>>>
    >>>> because
    >>>>
    >>>>>there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    >>
    >> 1500."
    >>
    >>>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    >>>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    >>>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    >>>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    >>>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    >>>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    >>>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    >>>
    >>>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    > FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
    > them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with clients.
    > Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change: they couldn't
    > get anything straight; their customer service went to hell and, as to
    > getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they basically
    > have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first make sure the
    > customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund or credit barely
    > worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.
    >


    I had a similar experience with Intuit and CDW. The way things were
    handled, it might lead one to believe that the vendor is simply attempting
    to beat down the customer's will to get a credit/refund/exchange.

    I got pissed and ultimately won out via my CC company after about 90 days.


    Stew
  42. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message
    news:40D96F3F.3050904@att.net...

    > FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
    > them. >snip<


    Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
    > they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
    > and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
    > basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
    > make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
    > or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.

    We have had the same experience with Dell, starting early last year. We have
    also quit buying from Dell.


    "Peter Ross" <pross@att.net> wrote in message
    news:40D96F3F.3050904@att.net...
    >
    >
    > skids wrote:
    > > I can't speak to asking for a credit or a refund. We have always
    received
    > > what was ordered and in good condition and have not had to go down that
    > > road. And that's over a 6 year period.
    > >
    > > "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > news:239468a3.0406211924.7513e5ba@posting.google.com...
    > >
    > >>" Going with
    > >>
    > >>>>Dells was the best move my company ever made. I love supporting them
    > >>>
    > >>> because
    > >>>
    > >>>>there is no support involved. We are getting ready to buy another
    > >
    > > 1500."
    > >
    > >>Oh really. Wait till you're in a situation where you have to ask for a
    > >>credit or refund. I know first hand that they have the worst customer
    > >>service I have ever experienced. They are masters of deception.
    > >>I learned recently that the public school I work for has had problems
    > >>with Dell involving multi-purchases. I shared the dellish nightmare
    > >>I'm going through with the computer department at the school, and I
    > >>discovered they are very dissatisfied too.
    > >>
    > >>Buyer Beware, Stay away from Dell.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > FWIW, we used Dell for a great many years and were totally happy with
    > them. We used their machines ourselves and placed thousands with
    > clients. Starting last summer, however, everything seemed to change:
    > they couldn't get anything straight; their customer service went to hell
    > and, as to getting credits and/or refunds, while, ultimately, when they
    > basically have no choice, they'll accommodate the customer, they first
    > make sure the customer jumps through so many hoops it makes the refund
    > or credit barely worth getting. We've stopped having Dell bid on jobs.
    >
  43. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.firefighters,alt.cellular.verizon,misc.emerg-services (More info?)

    ok
    "skids" <skids@skidmore.com> wrote in message
    news:10deib2diebm5e3@corp.supernews.com...
    > Where are you getting your numbers from, the Accord has not outsold the
    > whole GM product line.
    > He didn't specify a specific model, like you did. He specified a brand.
    > Brands: GM = Honda,
    > Models: Accord = Caprice
    >
    > Nice try!
    >
    > "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    > message news:BqlBc.3043$uQ.1248@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...
    > > "Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote in message
    > news:BCFB1BF2.8509%mailinglists@covad.net...
    > > > More people buy GM automobiles than any other. Would you call them
    good
    > > > values or excellent cars? I think not.
    > >
    > > Where are you getting this GM data from? I haven't checked recently,
    > > but for many years in a row, the Honda Accord was the best selling car,
    > > as well as being highly rated by Consumer Reports.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > John Richards
    > >
    >
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Verizon Computers