Sign in with
Your question

Dual Cpu-Core!!? I'm slow

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 24, 2004 2:45:20 AM

Hi, I'm new to the boards. ^^;
I have heard about this new idea, but I do not know if its true or not. Clarification would be nice ^^. Anyway, i am saving up money to build a kick ass rig next year. Maybe these things will be out in less then 12 months. Sigh, I hate/love the quickness of updating technology. My current PC was built last year (summer) which seems ancient now-adays.

Athlon XP 1900+
Geforce 4200 TI
Sound Blaster Audigy(1) Gamer
Mobo: GA-7VTXE...???? <---- O_o Gigabyte sucks or at least this board.

My Plan: Spend $3000 dollars next summer to build a computer to last 3 years~ instead of waiting for prices of older technology only be outdated in 1 year >_<.

Sorry for the faces..... i played too much FFXI this year.

More about : dual cpu core slow

August 24, 2004 4:00:01 AM

I would suggest waiting for the winchester or toledo procesors. Dual core is basically two cpus on one chip.
August 24, 2004 4:01:38 AM

Dual core processors makes one processor work like 2 processors, sorta like hyper threading only REAL two processor cores, it's like 2 processors in one package.

===========================
<A HREF="http://www.clancas.net" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>
Related resources
August 24, 2004 4:57:33 AM

That was some good reading of the past, present, and future of cpus. :)  At the end of the article there is a mention of rumors of quad core cpus...... my head hurts.
August 24, 2004 9:40:08 PM

Intel even has the Tuckwilla on the road map which is supposed to have 16 cores! Anandtech estimated it would have several billion transistors! This is not a chip many people would buy though. :) 
August 25, 2004 1:43:17 AM

Just remember, dual core is very much like dual chips. It will only be worthwhile when software support is there.
!