TECH: Haunted House playfield removal

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2005 2:23:18 AM

Hey folks-

justed picked up a badly beaten to hell Haunted House without a manual.
Oh joy. I'm about to change out the rubbers and was wondering if
anyone has any advice on the best/easiest way to remove the upper and
lower playfields to get to those. Thanks for any advice.

Mike
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 6:51:54 PM

I think this machine is one of the most complex looking, but in reality one
of the easiest to remove. The upper playfield (attic) has 2 screws holding
it down in the front, remove them and pull up in front and forward a little
to remove it from the two 'guides' in the rear that hold it down in the back
(oh, and disconnect wiring to it first). As for the bottom PF (basement),
even easier to remove. Disconnect the wiring and simply pull the handle
(there is a hand-hold cut into the front of the wood) and up and out (it
rests along a channel on the bottom and 'locks' into two hooks in the front
to hold it in place).

!