New Laptop-P4 vs. Pentium M

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
June 18, 2004 11:57:32 PM

Need to get a top of the line laptop... main uses are word processing,
internet, and occ DVD movie. I am leaning towards Pentium M Centrino for
lighter weight and longer battery life. Would value input as to whether the
Pentium M 2.0 is a better choice than a P4 3.2 or 3.4 chip. Thanks in advance
for your opinions!

More about : laptop pentium

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 19, 2004 12:30:22 AM

RobertS975 wrote:

> Need to get a top of the line laptop... main uses are word processing,
> internet, and occ DVD movie. I am leaning towards Pentium M Centrino for
> lighter weight and longer battery life. Would value input as to whether the
> Pentium M 2.0 is a better choice than a P4 3.2 or 3.4 chip. Thanks in advance
> for your opinions!

I would, and did, go the same way. No regrets.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 19, 2004 1:45:34 PM

On 18 Jun 2004 19:57:32 GMT, RobertS975 <roberts975@aol.com> wrote:

> Need to get a top of the line laptop... main uses are word processing,
> internet, and occ DVD movie. I am leaning towards Pentium M Centrino for
> lighter weight and longer battery life. Would value input as to whether
> the
> Pentium M 2.0 is a better choice than a P4 3.2 or 3.4 chip. Thanks in
> advance
> for your opinions!

I think the Centrino 2.0 would have comparable performance to the P4 3.2,
but with the benefit of lower power usage.

For what you want to do, you can probably do it with a PII-500 Mhz, and
you can definately do it with a P4 Celeron processor. I can do all
that and more with my Celeron 2.2GHz.

If you can get at least 512 Megs of Ram.