The Washington State Pinball Stronghold has RETURNED! (LON..

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2005 12:11:08 PM

All,

For those of you who are interested, I have not been in hibernation just
very busy between military duties and more............

I purchased a new home which included a 2600+ sf machine shop, which has
become the new "Stronghold". Over the past months, I have relocated and
begun the challenging process of putting things back in there place.

Teaser Photos and Layout are listed here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46586080@N00

To give you an idea of the scope of this machine shop:

The shop bay space has room for about six cars or four full size RVs.

The shop is setup for welding and a compressor outfit, full setup for tools
with cabinets and tool rack, engine block stand, anvil, engine block crane,
and has enough space for about 40-50 machines, although 25-30 would be much
more amiable for comfort. The shop has plenty of storage space, and there is
even an outdoor shed for bikes and more. Additionally, the shop has its own
living space (400 sf) which has been turned into my children's rec room.
Right now there is about 8 inches between machines, and six feet between
the different
rows.

Probably the best part, is it is completely finished inside and out, has its
own internal furnace, separate power supply and completely wired for 200A
breaker with multiple 120V and 220V outlets.

The current pinball lineup includes:

Twilight Zone
Medieval Madness
Red and Ted's Roadshow
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Addams Family
Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
The Shadow
Star Wars
Black Knight 2000
No Fear: Dangerous Sports
Tales from the Arabian Nights
White Water
Fish Tales

T2: Judgement Day (Arcade Gun Game)
Cheyenne (Arcade Gun Game)
The Grappler (Arm Wrestling Machine)
SlugFest! (Pitch and Bat)

Other pinball items and oddities of interest
on display (or soon to be up) in the "Stronghold" Game Room........

NOS Paragon Backglass
NOS Embryon Backglass
NOS Eight Ball Deluxe Backglass
NOS Black Knight Backglass
Fireball Backglass
Eight Ball Champ Backglass
Centaur Backglass
Haunted House Backglass
Fathom Backglass
Xenon Backglass
Black Knight 2000 Backglass
Big Bang Bar Translite
Tales from the Crypt Translite
JunkYard Translite
Judge Dredd Translite
Medieval Madness Translite
Twilight Zone Translite
White Water Translite
Fish Tales Translite
Theatre of Magic Translite
Tales from the Arabian Nights Translite
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure Translite
Terminator 2 Translite
Starship Troopers Translite
Theatre of Magic Shot Map
No Fear: Dangerous Sports Shot Map
Johnny Mnemonic Shot Map
Medieval Madness Promotional Poster
30+ Other Late Model Williams / Bally Shot Maps and Flyers
Heineken "Mardi Gras" Neon Beer Sign
Samuel Adams Neon Beer Sign
Miller MGD "Serape" Neon Beer Sign
St. Pauli Girl Neon Sign
Becks Neon Sign
Foster's Neon Sign
Moosehead Lager Neon Sign
"GAMEROOM" Neon Sign
"PINBALL MACHINES" Neon Sign
Corona Extra Parrot with Palm Tree Neon Sign
"Glacier National Park" Montana Neon Sign
Olympia Beer "Wildlife" 3D Signs
"The Black Knight" Pinball Parlor Game Room Sign
Another "Gameroom" sign with finger pointer
Olympia Beer "Beer Barrel" Waterfall Sign
Cinnamon Black Bear Rug
Alaskan Timber Wolf Rug
Three Pro-Line Gumball Machine Dispensers
Bally Deluxe Progressive 3-Line EM Slot Machine
Paragon Popcorn Machine Mini Cart
MUSEO 3-CD Mini Replica Jukebox (40")
Full Size Traffic Signal Light
Strobe Lamps
Two 10" 75 watt Police Beacon Lights (Red and Blue)
More than 25 Pinball Collector Coffee Table Books
HUGE Collection of Military Models and Airplanes
FIVE Armies of Middle Earth Movie Theme Diorama Sets
NUMEROUS other Movie TOYS and GAMES

Not to mention personalized theme TOPPERS
for each pinball machine in my collection!

MORE TO COME!
I still am in the process of doing an inventory and getting everything back
where it should be! I am anticipating this will be my collection's permanent
residence for some time.

Hi resolution photos will be added in coming weeks.

Best Regards,

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:11:09 PM

FANTASTIC! I wish I was closer. Congatulations on a great job and an
impressive collection.

Mike
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:11:09 PM

man ... very very very nice ! I like !

I see only one problem : the lights ?!
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:33:29 PM

If you'd like that traffic light to work like it should, visit
www.trafficlights.com and buy the circuit board they make. It fits
right inside the light, they show you how to wire it, and best of all
is the light works just like it would if it were really out on the
street. The board is very reasonably priced too.

Ken Layton
Olympia, Wash.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:53:00 PM

sweet collection. You really like your toppers :)  What does the
pirate do? looks like he's wired with something.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 1:23:52 PM

Looks pretty sweet, Chris! Congrats on the new home, hope you get to enjoy
this one for awhile :)

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"The_Black_Knight" <pinballjack@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> Bally Deluxe Progressive 3-Line EM Slot Machine
> Paragon Popcorn Machine Mini Cart
> MUSEO 3-CD Mini Replica Jukebox (40")
> Full Size Traffic Signal Light
> Strobe Lamps
> Two 10" 75 watt Police Beacon Lights (Red and Blue)
> More than 25 Pinball Collector Coffee Table Books
> HUGE Collection of Military Models and Airplanes
> FIVE Armies of Middle Earth Movie Theme Diorama Sets
> NUMEROUS other Movie TOYS and GAMES
>
> Not to mention personalized theme TOPPERS
> for each pinball machine in my collection!
>
> MORE TO COME!
> I still am in the process of doing an inventory and getting everything
> back
> where it should be! I am anticipating this will be my collection's
> permanent
> residence for some time.
>
> Hi resolution photos will be added in coming weeks.

August 27, 2005 4:25:30 PM

Sounds to me like you need to throw a party, Chris! :p

The_Black_Knight wrote:
> All,
>
> For those of you who are interested, I have not been in hibernation just
> very busy between military duties and more............
>
> I purchased a new home which included a 2600+ sf machine shop, which has
> become the new "Stronghold". Over the past months, I have relocated and
> begun the challenging process of putting things back in there place.
>
> Teaser Photos and Layout are listed here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46586080@N00

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Looks awesome-why did you get rid of the LOTR? Not a keeper for you? I
read how to get Valinor from your posts-never been close yet myself.
Buddy
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:18:04 AM

Cliffy is a wise man. You need to throw a pin party for NW RGP'ers!
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:21:49 AM

Always enjoy seeing other peoples collections! Very nice. One
question, what software program did you use to create the gameroom
layout? Did it work well for you?

thanks!
alex
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:29:24 AM

Ken,

Already up and running now, I received the kit a while back.

I am still in the process of running power to EVERYTHING.
Major end items (ie pinball machines, arcade equipment, slot, etc.) are
squared away, but neon signs, beacons, and other stuff is still has some
time to go.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

"Ken Layton" <KLayton888@aol.com> wrote in message
> If you'd like that traffic light to work like it should, visit
> www.trafficlights.com and buy the circuit board they make. It fits
> right inside the light, they show you how to wire it, and best of all
> is the light works just like it would if it were really out on the
> street. The board is very reasonably priced too.
>
> Ken Layton
> Olympia, Wash.

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:29:54 AM

You would have to come and visit to find out.
He might be animated...............

--
"The_Black_Knight"

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> sweet collection. You really like your toppers :)  What does the
> pirate do? looks like he's wired with something.

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:30:53 AM

Cliffy,

Sometime in the future.
I still have a lot to do, hopefully sometime in the spring, if I am here.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sounds to me like you need to throw a party, Chris! :p
>
> The_Black_Knight wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > For those of you who are interested, I have not been in hibernation just
> > very busy between military duties and more............
> >
> > I purchased a new home which included a 2600+ sf machine shop, which has
> > become the new "Stronghold". Over the past months, I have relocated and
> > begun the challenging process of putting things back in there place.
> >
> > Teaser Photos and Layout are listed here:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/46586080@N00
> >

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:33:41 AM

It was a good game, but I really got my "bang for the buck" out of it.
I sold it for almost the same amount I paid the distributor.
The real issue is that I didn't like the fact that in the long run,
mechanically it is flawed. In home use it is fine, but I would rather stock
up on some other higher quality pins from WMS/BLY.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

"sea girt" <buddybunch@msn.com> wrote in message
> Looks awesome-why did you get rid of the LOTR? Not a keeper for you? I
> read how to get Valinor from your posts-never been close yet myself.
> Buddy

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:35:05 AM

In time........so much to do.
When I do an open house, I do it right.
Expect fireworks to start flying when I have my grand opening to the new
"Stronghold"!

--
"The_Black_Knight"

"PDX_Pinball" <azcats_fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cliffy is a wise man. You need to throw a pin party for NW RGP'ers!

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:40:23 AM

Alex,

I was going to use my architect house CAD program or AutoCAD, but for
simplicity all I used was MS Word. I had most of the size shapes and text
already prepared from previous use in other gamerooms. I knew the scale of
machines and built the gameroom around the pinball machines. Once you know
scale of the the most important items (pinball machines, garage doors,
couches, etc), the rest falls into place.

Then, all I did was print screen, cropped, and saved as a *.jpg.
In the case of the photo I published this is about 40% of actual size.
It is much clearer (and larger) in its full form.

Full photos will be published in future months.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

!