Okay I need a new computer ;( (PLZ help me)

Computer_Newby

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2004
Ok here is the situation. I am tired of my 2 year old computer that I built. I havn't really been up to date with computer no more becasue I thought the computer i built would last me forever. Its been to long now and I have forgot almost everything about whats good and not on a computer. I am a gamer ( I play almost any games thats good from warcraft to unreal ) So I need a cheap and powerful video card, ;( probably cpu too that I can overclock, and a mobo that can handle the cpu. Also the case, fan, and MEMORy ;( .... Dont really need the rest like cd,dvd, and montor.

My budget is really low becasue college killed me ;( this semester. So I'm looking at a price tag of around 500 to 600 I can squeeze in 700 if it really help. Plz provide links to it so I can buy it preferrably newegg since they are trustworthy, cheap, and fast.

Thanks for reading and I hope to buy these thing in labor day sale if any is going on. I REALLY NEED HELP :(

Im a newby ;(

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Anything you buy at that price range will feel outdated.
If you go for overclockability on an athlon system you'll definately feel like shite now..
XP cpu's are great for the money, but it's not really worth it now.
A64 system is a great choice, but i'm not sure on how good they really are for overclocking. I think people only go 200-300mhz oc on them, but i'm not sure.
P4c's oc great , but at that range they might not. The better oc you want the harder core memory you need.(Pretty much same with the AMD xp system)

I'd go with:
A64 3000+ 175$
Chaintech Vnf3 mobo 75bucks
1gb mushkin basic 150$
9800pro at least, saphire oem 190$
Antec Performance cases are nice with the 350Wps 90$
buy two arctic cooling fans at like 6$ for the two.

I believe it would be easy to OC A64 on stock cooling to a 3200+ and make sure whatever you do for the 9800pro if you get it, to buy a good cooler that allow ramsinks

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623</A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/

Computer_Newby

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2004
looks like a nice computer if I built it. Is there any Nvidea card that can compete with the 9800 pro at the moment with the price and performance wise?

Just wondering, if not I will buy 9800pro.

Im a newby ;(

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The new 6600 Nvidia cards are due out shortly. They should work well in that rig!

Abit IS7 - 2.8C @ 3.4ghz - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - Yellowtail Merlot

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd go with a Mobile XP2500+, Abit NF7-S, 1GB Crucial Ballistix PC3200, a Radeon 9800 Pro, and a Fortron FSP400 power supply. Then I'd go to your local computer store and buy the oldest, dirtiest, cheapest case you can find and paint it ghetto style.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
Then I'd go to your local computer store and buy the oldest, dirtiest, cheapest case you can find and paint it ghetto style
LOL
not sure if you meant it as a joke or not, But my friend has done something like that. He bought a cheap case then straypainted sh*t on it. It turned out looking pretty cool.

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 512mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
When your budget is REALLY short the looks of a case don't matter as much!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>