NASCAR sighting-s orange county CA

NASCAR is now at TILT in Laguna Hills Mall, southern orange county.
Unboxed yesterday, 8/26. Plays great, enjoy it while you can. Tilt's
games go to hell very quickly, and are seldomly repaired. The area of
the track that sends the ball directly over exposed t-nuts will be a
concern in a month or two. In contrast, I played one in Oceanside that
had a little patch of mylar over that spot. I believe that's Area
Amusements. I can't imagine it took them too long to apply that, and I
bet their machine will be operating much longer and in much nicer
shape.
Enjoy!
Brian

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

>I played one in Oceanside that
>had a little patch of mylar over that spot. I believe that's Area
>Amusements. I can't imagine it took them too long to apply that, and I
>bet their machine will be operating much longer and in much nicer

Yup, I also mylared the ball shooter area where it bounces out onto the
track from the plunger. And for good measure mylared the start button
area since we have TSPP's with artwork worn away there. Changed the
post rubber by the car to black since the one at PAPA was already
destroyed, changed the flipper rubbers to black to reduce airballs. So
much work setting up a STERN :(

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

It's not STERN's fault that Pat Lawlor wants to use white rubber. I
have seen Ripleys games that white rubber was destroyed after short
time on location as opposed to Simpsons where black was still OK
besides high wear items like slingshots and flipper rubbers. And these
are all operator games who do only the bare minimum of upkeep
(sometimes even less).

As I recall Williams pins usually needing some setting up. P2K comes to
mind, imagine raising a playfield and the flapper to prevent the balls from
rolling out of the trough is missing. wouldn't impress your boss now if you
were showing off that feature.

It doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, ops need to get things right
before placing on location. Expecially if there are circumstances unique to
their location. LTG :)

"KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

So much work setting up a STERN :(

It's not Pat's fault white rubber plays much better than black rubber.
Black rubber kills a game, IMO. The ball's wildness and liveliness is
totally killed under black rings. I understand why operators (and
Stern) use and like black rings, but they absolutely 100% play poorly
compared to white/red.

No question.

-cody
CARGPB#4