Whitewater Boulder Garden right outlane drain

Been playing whitewater a bit lately, still annoyed with the percentage of
right-outlane drains after entering the Boulder Garden. So I did a seach
just to see what RGP has to say about it and saw this: ... is the tendency
to drain down the right outlane after a successful left orbit shot (I don't
have the post and rubber installed in the boulder garden).

Just what is he talking about here, the post and rubber installed? The only
thing I can think of (in a drastic case) is something like the post a sample
game TZ has? I can't see anything in a regular WH20 that suggests a post
and rubber installed. What am I missing here, anything?

Thanks,

Never mind, he was obviously talking about the adjustable right-outlane
post that is part of a long rubber ring (one of two long rings there)
that is behind the lower right jet bumper. Not having that
right-outlane post would make drains quite a bit easier.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Actually, behind the lower right jet there is a modification that will block
the area above the right drain while the ball is being kicked around the
jets. Looking down at the jet popper from the back, the post would be at 12
o'clock and the rubber around it would extend towards the shooter lane.

"dalemstevens" <fathompin@gmail.com> wrote in message
Never mind, he was obviously talking about the adjustable right-outlane
post that is part of a long rubber ring (one of two long rings there)
that is behind the lower right jet bumper. Not having that
right-outlane post would make drains quite a bit easier.

I started looking at that post area and realized that the lower post
position, where I have the post installed, may not be the best position for
minimizing drains, because the rubber ring forms an angle that tends to
funnel the ball down the right outlane. There are a few postitions
available to fasten the post, and room to add another post in the upper post
hole when there is a post in the lowest hole. When a second post is
inserted in the upper position #;-) a different angle is formed which
directed the ball to the inlane more times than to the outlane, the opposite
of what was occuring on my particular set up. Not factory, but not cheating
either, I don't think. I might try a single post in the upper position,
which counter to intuition, could be better as far as minimizing draining
than putting the post in a lower position, but two post is probably best for
minimizing balls to the outlane.

"dalemstevens" <fathompin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Never mind, he was obviously talking about the adjustable right-outlane
> post that is part of a long rubber ring (one of two long rings there)
> that is behind the lower right jet bumper. Not having that
> right-outlane post would make drains quite a bit easier.

I left the original outside loop intact and installed a slightly larger
post rubber between the lanes.A ball off the flipper backward up the
inlane stops at this post and feeds back down to the flipper.
All my pins have mods to the drain areas,but the biggest test is
playability and fairness of game % of drains.
This mod is fun because if you bump around a slow ball at this post it
usually wont drain,but a clean roll towards the
outlane still drains.
steve

OK, I see that there is a hole for a post, its even shown in the manual.
But I can see why it is not being used. I'll try it out. But I do like the
slight improvement that adding two lower posts made to the probability of
inlane vs. outlane drains.