Blondie

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004

ok i have tried everything i can think of. I went into
the zone to go to the basement in the spades room. I
click on it and it says "Failed to download
http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/cardboard.zat" so i
click ok and then this pops up.... ZPROXY: Error Zsetup
was started, but rejected the component data. Please
verify that your zone installation is valid. Well i
uninstalled evrything and tried to reinstall that didnt
work, i kept getting the same thing. I went and tried to
erase the folder on my drive C for msn zone and it
wouldnt let me said something was using it?!? so i
couldnt erase it i went to support and that was no help
then i was sent here so im hoping u can help, i followed
all the direction on the original website (nibblenbit)
and that didnt work either i even tried a new name. Im
completely clueless pleaseeeeee helppp meeeeeeee

blondie wrote:

> ok i have tried everything i can think of. I went into
> the zone to go to the basement in the spades room. I
> click on it and it says "Failed to download
> http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/cardboard.zat" so i
> click ok and then this pops up.... ZPROXY: Error Zsetup
> was started, but rejected the component data. Please
> verify that your zone installation is valid. Well i
> uninstalled evrything and tried to reinstall that didnt
> work, i kept getting the same thing. I went and tried to
> erase the folder on my drive C for msn zone and it
> wouldnt let me said something was using it?!? so i
> couldnt erase it i went to support and that was no help
> then i was sent here so im hoping u can help, i followed
> all the direction on the original website (nibblenbit)
> and that didnt work either i even tried a new name. Im
> completely clueless pleaseeeeee helppp meeeeeeee

Shift/Right-Click the following link, click "Save Link As" (or a similar
dialogue), and save the file to the Zone's ZSetup folder. Try the Zone
again:

http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/cardboard.zat

If that doesn't work, here's more on the problem. Delete the damaged
file from the Zone's \Temp folder and try the Zone again. If that
doesn't help:

Any Zone file can be downloaded from the following site but the site
can't be browsed.

Paste http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/ in your location bar then add
the name of the file you can't "update" to the end. Download the file,
place it in the Zone's \Temp folder, then reenter the Zone. It will be
installed. (You can save the decompressed version of the file if you
prefer.)

An example would be http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/zone.za_ or
http://fdl.msn.com/zone/datafiles/zone.zat

The underscore might be removed from the file as it's saved to disk. If
so, edit the filename to add the _ and/or to remove the .txt extension
that's added.

Some browsers/news readers mistakenly show the download as text. It
looks like gibberish at the bottom of the post or browser. If this
happens, you should be able to click File, Save Attachment (or File,
Open Attachment, File Save As) and save them to the correct folder. This
depends on the browser and whether you were emailed the attachment or
you clicked a link to it. Some browsers will only let you save it as
..txt or HTML. If so, you can change the name to "zone.za_" with the
quotes (example filename) then the file will save without the extension.

AC files can be downloaded from:

http://fdl.msn.com/zone/ashedata/

This might help:

Failed to Start ZProxy or ZoneClient
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q241200

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.