my mn-100 base is bring up a privite ip address not mine?

Linda

Hi
Everytime I try to connect it has the ip address of
169.254.228.224 instead of mine. This address belongs to
a search page under yahoo. After awhile it will finnally
refreash to my ip address. I have tried to refreash the
ip address and this has not worked. Please help.

Thanks Linda

joker

The 169.254.*.* IP address range is assigned by Windows if it can't find
a DHCP server.

What do you mean exactly when you say "Every time I try to connect it
has the ip address of 169.254.228.224 instead of mine."

How can this be true as the 169.254.*.* is not allowed on the internet
"This address belongs to a search page under yahoo.".

So once again what exactly are you doing?

The other question is, what is the expected result?

Linda wrote:

> Hi
> Everytime I try to connect it has the ip address of
> 169.254.228.224 instead of mine. This address belongs to
> a search page under yahoo. After awhile it will finnally
> refreash to my ip address. I have tried to refreash the
> ip address and this has not worked. Please help.
>
> Thanks Linda

Linda

I mean that everytime I bring up my Microsoft broadband
untility whare my ip address should be it has a ip
address that belongs to a yahoo search page after I wait
a few min. it will refreash and show my ip address. I
have even changed my ip address to see if that helps. It
wont let me connect with that address there and I have to
wait for it to refreash and grab my ip address. This
started after I upgraded to windows xp s2 I am not sure
if that has anything to do with it or not. If I stay off
line for awhile then a error with connection icon show's
up at the bottem of my screen saying that my connection
speed might not let mr connect so I will open up my
broadband and try to connect it will have the wrong ip
address after it refreashes it will have mine and I can
get online. I hope that explans it better because I am
out of things to try.
Thanks Linda

TRENDING THREADS