Sign in with
Your question

Best student laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 9, 2010 3:37:02 PM

Hello,
I am searching for a laptop for me to bring to college. the spec requirements are: intel core2 duo processor or better, 2gig RAM, 80 gig storage and it HAS to run on Microsoft Windows 7. Currently I'm looking at the Asus U30Jc-A1. Any suggestions?? my price range is up to 1100. thanks

More about : student laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
July 9, 2010 4:34:29 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums
We need more info,so fill the FAQ first(link in my sig)
m
l
a b D Laptop
July 10, 2010 6:54:55 AM

Yes, fill out the FAQ at the top of the forum or follow the link in Maziar's signature. With $1100 budget, we can easily find you something that will trump the original specs you have listed.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 10, 2010 6:55:52 PM

Hell, I have a gateway that meets all those specs I'd sell you dirt cheap. lol
m
l
a b D Laptop
July 12, 2010 7:33:19 PM

brianneaves said:
Hello,
I am searching for a laptop for me to bring to college. the spec requirements are: intel core2 duo processor or better, 2gig RAM, 80 gig storage and it HAS to run on Microsoft Windows 7. Currently I'm looking at the Asus U30Jc-A1. Any suggestions?? my price range is up to 1100. thanks

Hi there,

The Asus is a good choice. It has great specs and a dedicated graphics card. Will you be gaming on your laptop?

Another good choice is the Dell Studio 15. It doesn't have a graphics card but it has a powerful processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It is a great value at $649.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
m
l
July 20, 2010 2:34:37 AM

Thank you all for your time! this site is great and I'm glad you're here. I found my answer in a different way. I am getting an HP Probook 4420. Sorry to ask a question and then have the answer before anybody could respond, but I'm glad I found this forum!
m
l
!