How to download drivers for my camara to work on my laptop

LennieAlvarez44

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
My Name is Lennie. I just had Windown 7 put on my HP laptop. Now my camara does not pair up. I cant transfer pics. I have tried both inserting the card from my cannon and also trid the USB cord. Nothing happands.

if you connect your laptop to the camera via usb cable it should automatically detect that your device is a camera. if a window does not pop up try looking in my computer. perhaps you have autoplay turned off.

if your memory card reader slot doesnt work then you might not have the drivers for it installed. go to hp's website and look up your laptop model and get the driver set.

also remember that your camera most likely needs to be on and not powered off to transfer.

i'm not 100% sure this will fix your problem but this is the most likely culprit. this is the last time i will repeat this advice. if you refuse to listen and try it then there is no use complaining that nothing worked. if you try the advice and it doesnt work then actually state what exactly you tried.

did you actually listen to my advice and try downloading drivers for your laptop? since you erased them when you installed windows 7 you will need to get them again most likely to make your card reader work. HP's website should have them.

as far as the usb ports not recognizing your camera: do the usb ports work for anything else besides the camera? perhaps you need to get the usb drivers from HP's website.