networking pro and home

Last response: in Networking
September 13, 2004 1:36:33 PM

Having trouble getting my xp pro laptop to network with my
xp home desktop. System message says that I may need to
change administrator's rights or some variation of that.
Could it be the software in my router?

More about : networking pro home

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 3:57:07 PM

At this point, it could be several things:
1-Do you have a firewall enabled on your XP machines?
2-Are both in the same workgroup?
3-Do both share the same subnet?
4-Does your router have DHCP enabled?
5-If firewalls exist, do you have the DHCP range in the "trusted zone"?

DPSkiman

"eric williams" wrote:

> Having trouble getting my xp pro laptop to network with my
> xp home desktop. System message says that I may need to
> change administrator's rights or some variation of that.
> Could it be the software in my router?

September 13, 2004 10:53:02 PM

If none of those suggestions fix the problem it might be a Windows XP
security issue.

!