mmm.... centaur

i just finished pulling the mylar off my baby, and i want to share:

http://www.chrislyon.com/pinball/centaur/index.html

i had to do a little touchup around some insert edges, since those got
bashed into the mylar by the balls over the years, some around the
outhole, and a couple places where someone decided to cut the mylar
while it was on the field. she cleaned up real nice and is playing at
least twice as fast.

Chris,

That plyfield looks very sharp. You did a great job with that pin.

Jeff

Chris,

That playfield looks very sharp. You did a great job with that pin.

Jeff

I think you lifted a spec of paint when removing the mylar. I better
take that Centaur off your hands for cheap. :)

Congrats! Your Centaur is about as good as they get. :)

I lifted a few specks actually. I'm just happy as much stayed on as
did. :p

Even with mylar on, the underlying paint takes a beating from the ball
traffic.

I didn't go all out on the touchup. Just to keep it pretty until the
new fields get here :) You can definitely find missing paint specks
if you're looking for them.

henri

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:47:50 -0700, Chris Lyon wrote:

> i just finished pulling the mylar off my baby, and i want to share:
>
> http://www.chrislyon.com/pinball/centaur/index.html
>
> i had to do a little touchup around some insert edges, since those got
> bashed into the mylar by the balls over the years, some around the
> outhole, and a couple places where someone decided to cut the mylar
> while it was on the field. she cleaned up real nice and is playing at
> least twice as fast.

very nice!

drives me crazy that you can get El Dorado repro plastics for $59.95 but
no one makes Centaur plastics... makes you wish that the Bally/Williams
guys had their acts together 1/2 as much as the Gottlieb guys

henri

Beaver

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

What technique did you use? Goo-gone first, then cleanup, or freeze
spray first followed by Goo-gone? I am about to start something like
this with a Space Shuttle.