Req: Help new 8300

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
June 20, 2004 12:10:58 PM

New 8300 with Win Xp Home was delivered on June 14th and wouldn't
start.

Dell sent me Disk images to restore the system. I restored the
system.

When I start the computer it always opens to C:/Windows/System32.
it just started doing this.

How do I stop this from happening? What's the cause?

My Tool Bar settings don't seem to work right.

Thanks for any advice.

Joe S.

More about : req 8300

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 9:41:44 PM

Check ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&thre...

I had the same problem with my 8300. However instead of /L:ENG was /L:D UT
(dutch). I deleted it in the registry and no problems so far.

<jd@fl.net> schreef in bericht
> New 8300 with Win Xp Home was delivered on June 14th and wouldn't
> start.
>
> Dell sent me Disk images to restore the system. I restored the
> system.
>
> When I start the computer it always opens to C:/Windows/System32.
> it just started doing this.
>
> How do I stop this from happening? What's the cause?
>
> My Tool Bar settings don't seem to work right.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Joe S.

Anonymous
June 20, 2004 9:41:45 PM

"Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> I had the same problem with my 8300. However instead of /L:ENG was /L:D UT
> (dutch). I deleted it in the registry and no problems so far.

I am having the same problem with my Dell 4600. It is opening up to
C:/Windows/System32

Could you please explain where in the registry you made this change to fix
the problem?

Thanks,

Tapas
Related resources
June 20, 2004 9:41:46 PM

"Tapas Das" <das.t@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:D PjBc.9467$OB3.3522@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> "Johoo" <johoo123@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > I had the same problem with my 8300. However instead of /L:ENG was
/L:D UT
> > (dutch). I deleted it in the registry and no problems so far.
>
> I am having the same problem with my Dell 4600. It is opening up to
> C:/Windows/System32
>
> Could you please explain where in the registry you made this change to fix
> the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tapas

Go to START>RUN and type in MSCONFIG and enter. Go to the STARTUP tab and
see if you have a line for /L:ENG (or perhaps /L:D UT according to the last
post). Uncheck that item and reboot. That was procedure Dell had me go
through to resolve same problem on this 8300.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 2:20:41 AM

"Mark" <granmark@DELETEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Go to START>RUN and type in MSCONFIG and enter. Go to the STARTUP tab and
> see if you have a line for /L:ENG (or perhaps /L:D UT according to the last
> post). Uncheck that item and reboot. That was procedure Dell had me go
> through to resolve same problem on this 8300.

Thanks Mark!!

That fixed the problem. Your instructions are very clear and precise.
Indeed, I found two entries that referred to /L:ENG
I have the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 card installed.

Regards,

Tapas
!