Clean laser printer?

qwertyjjj

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I am getting some duplicate print on my paper as though there is a duplicate shadow copy placed elsewhere on the page.
I tried cleaning the printer using the functiona few times where you feed paper through and it cleans it off but am still getting the problem.
DO I need to clean the black roll in the printer with alcohol? What's the best way to go about this?

its probably the fuser. The coating on the hot roller eventually wears out, much like a non-stick frying pan. Toner begins to stick to it and leaves a residual image each cycle. Some printers have a print quality troubleshooting guide available. you can measure distances between repeating marks and from that you can tell which part is the problem.

by the look of that printer the fuser is located at the top. It will be the part that gets very hot. There are 2 rollers in a fuser, a hot roller, and a pressure roller. The hot roller touches the front/printed side of the page, the pressure roller touches the back side of the page. Cleaning it probably wont fix it permanently. The type of paper you use can also affect how toner fuses to the page. make sure you have the correct paper setting in the print driver for the type of paper being used.

qwertyjjj

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

How do I clean it?
Have had the printer about 2 years, fusers should last longer than that shouldn't they?