Tech: Doodle Bug too fast?

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2005 1:03:50 PM

Hi.

I finally got the Doodle Bug mechanism on my Williams Doodle Bug
working (contacts on the relay were so covered in crud that the power
wasn't getting through).

It seems like the captive ball is flicking back and forth pretty fast.
I'm worried about the continued health of the scoring and match coils
(the 10's and match coils were both burnt when I got the machine). How
fast is it supposed to go?

I'm wondering if maybe the 500 ohms 10W resistor that's wired in
parallel has gone bad and maybe now the magnet coil is getting too much
power? It's a line-level coil...

http://home.twcny.rr.com/ksilfer/doodle2.jpg

http://home.twcny.rr.com/ksilfer/doodle1.jpg

If it has gone bad, is there an easy way/place to get a replacement?

Any thoughts? Thanks.
-- KEENE

More about : tech doodle bug fast

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:16:15 PM

Sure. Any competent local electronics store
should be able to fix you up no problem. Even
NTE will likely carry this.

An online source like Jameco should have this
too.
--
Fred
TX