Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer won't turn on

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 11, 2010 12:43:02 PM

I have a dell. I have had problems with charging the battery so I have had to have it plugged in all the time. A few days ago I plugged it in and it had a funny smell and the adapter light went out and my computer would not turn on. Now...When the adapter is plugged into the wall the light is on....then when I plug it into the computer the light goes off so I know its not the adapter... Could someone please tell me what is up with my computer. I think I fried something

More about : computer turn

a b D Laptop
July 11, 2010 3:27:55 PM

tina_03 said:
I have a dell. I have had problems with charging the battery so I have had to have it plugged in all the time. A few days ago I plugged it in and it had a funny smell and the adapter light went out and my computer would not turn on. Now...When the adapter is plugged into the wall the light is on....then when I plug it into the computer the light goes off so I know its not the adapter... Could someone please tell me what is up with my computer. I think I fried something


Try removing the battery and see if the power can get through without it. Sometimes a battery can become so flat, power seems blocked out somehow.


July 12, 2010 1:20:15 PM

Saga Lout said:
Try removing the battery and see if the power can get through without it. Sometimes a battery can become so flat, power seems blocked out somehow.


Thank you I tried what you said and it still doesn't turn on....any other ideals
Related resources
a b D Laptop
July 12, 2010 6:54:15 PM

You are right about frying something, 2 things can be wrong here. Either your power adapter is bad, or the laptop power plug is. For the first, easy enough to get a new adapter, to fix the second you will need to bring it into a laptop shop to fix. If you are lucky it's just a loose connector and not dead electronics in the laptop.
July 17, 2010 10:55:15 AM

Thank you for your response. I do believe it is the power plug in my computer for the simple fact that I could smell a funny like burned out smell. So I guess I will have to break down and take it to a repair shop. Again thank you
!