Lost .NET Passport and Zone Nickname

Last response: in Video Games
August 15, 2004 4:26:14 AM

Hello.
I had been playing with Zone Nickname, SkyKiDS_TrEE.
That had been associated with SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com

But, I can't log in .NET Passport Site with the passport
for a long time.
So, The passport is deleted.

Later, I tried to associate Nickname SkyKiDS with
another .NET Passport, but It was failed.
and I made .NET Passport to be same name,
SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com and to do same, but it was failed.

In this case, Is it be possible that I re-associate the
Nickname with any .NET passport?
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 1:18:12 PM

Not really.

A given zone name is associated with just one passport.

After a period of time (exact time I don't know, maybe someone else does),
the name again becomes available.

You managed to create a new passport that is identical to the old one? I
would have guessed you now have the passport back, but you say that zone
name is unavailable. Have you tried the sequence Support, Change my
nickname? You might be able to recover the old name.

Best of luck!

"SkyKIDS_TrEE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I had been playing with Zone Nickname, SkyKiDS_TrEE.
> That had been associated with SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com
>
> But, I can't log in .NET Passport Site with the passport
> for a long time.
> So, The passport is deleted.
>
> Later, I tried to associate Nickname SkyKiDS with
> another .NET Passport, but It was failed.
> and I made .NET Passport to be same name,
> SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com and to do same, but it was failed.
>
> In this case, Is it be possible that I re-associate the
> Nickname with any .NET passport?
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 2:37:01 PM

Thank you for replying to my article.

I tried your suggestion before I wrote my article, but I could not
reactivate the nickname.

So, I am waiting the Nickname will be deleted.

Anyway, Do you think there are some ways to reassociating the nick?

Have a nice day!

"Ot" wrote:

> Not really.
>
> A given zone name is associated with just one passport.
>
> After a period of time (exact time I don't know, maybe someone else does),
> the name again becomes available.
>
> You managed to create a new passport that is identical to the old one? I
> would have guessed you now have the passport back, but you say that zone
> name is unavailable. Have you tried the sequence Support, Change my
> nickname? You might be able to recover the old name.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> "SkyKIDS_TrEE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> > I had been playing with Zone Nickname, SkyKiDS_TrEE.
> > That had been associated with SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com
> >
> > But, I can't log in .NET Passport Site with the passport
> > for a long time.
> > So, The passport is deleted.
> >
> > Later, I tried to associate Nickname SkyKiDS with
> > another .NET Passport, but It was failed.
> > and I made .NET Passport to be same name,
> > SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com and to do same, but it was failed.
> >
> > In this case, Is it be possible that I re-associate the
> > Nickname with any .NET passport?

August 16, 2004 1:53:54 AM

Only if it was associated with a premium game like Asheron's Call.

If you have a subscription to one of them it can be recovered.

"SkyKiDS_TrEE" <SkyKiDS_TrEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for replying to my article.
>
> I tried your suggestion before I wrote my article, but I could not
> reactivate the nickname.
>
> So, I am waiting the Nickname will be deleted.
>
> Anyway, Do you think there are some ways to reassociating the nick?
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> "Ot" wrote:
>
> > Not really.
> >
> > A given zone name is associated with just one passport.
> >
> > After a period of time (exact time I don't know, maybe someone else
does),
> > the name again becomes available.
> >
> > You managed to create a new passport that is identical to the old one?
> > would have guessed you now have the passport back, but you say that
zone
> > name is unavailable. Have you tried the sequence Support, Change my
> > nickname? You might be able to recover the old name.
> >
> > Best of luck!
> >
> > "SkyKIDS_TrEE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello.
> > > I had been playing with Zone Nickname, SkyKiDS_TrEE.
> > > That had been associated with SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com
> > >
> > > But, I can't log in .NET Passport Site with the passport
> > > for a long time.
> > > So, The passport is deleted.
> > >
> > > Later, I tried to associate Nickname SkyKiDS with
> > > another .NET Passport, but It was failed.
> > > and I made .NET Passport to be same name,
> > > SkyKiDS_TrEE@hotmail.com and to do same, but it was failed.
> > >
> > > In this case, Is it be possible that I re-associate the
> > > Nickname with any .NET passport?

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 4:51:01 AM

Thanks a lot.

"Ot" wrote:

> Only if it was associated with a premium game like Asheron's Call.
>
> If you have a subscription to one of them it can be recovered.
>
> "SkyKiDS_TrEE" <SkyKiDS_TrEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for replying to my article.
> >
> > I tried your suggestion before I wrote my article, but I could not
> > reactivate the nickname.
> >
> > So, I am waiting the Nickname will be deleted.
> >
> > Anyway, Do you think there are some ways to reassociating the nick?
> >
> > Have a nice day!
> >
> > "Ot" wrote:
> >
> > > Not really.
> > >
> > > A given zone name is associated with just one passport.
> > >
> > > After a period of time (exact time I don't know, maybe someone else
> does),
> > > the name again becomes available.
> > >
> > > You managed to create a new passport that is identical to the old one?
> > > would have guessed you now have the passport back, but you say that
> zone
> > > name is unavailable. Have you tried the sequence Support, Change my
> > > nickname? You might be able to recover the old name.
> > >
> > > Best of luck!
> > >
> > > "SkyKIDS_TrEE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 11:47:51 AM

SkyKiDS_TrEE wrote:

> Thanks a lot.
>
> "Ot" wrote:
>
> > Only if it was associated with a premium game like Asheron's Call.
> >
> > If you have a subscription to one of them it can be recovered.
> >
> > "SkyKiDS_TrEE" <SkyKiDS_TrEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you for replying to my article.
> > >
> > > I tried your suggestion before I wrote my article, but I could not
> > > reactivate the nickname.
> > >
> > > So, I am waiting the Nickname will be deleted.
> > >
> > > Anyway, Do you think there are some ways to reassociating the nick?
> > >
> > > Have a nice day!

> > does),

> > zone

Have you looked through the hints here?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.
!