video out on 2350

A Dell Dimension 2350 with Linux installed.

What do I adjust in the computer's configuration to get the computer to
ignore the built-in video chip and use, instead, a newly installed video
card?

Thanks

dj tuchler

Usually nothing. Just install it and hook up the monitor.
Then in windows install the appropriate drivers.

"Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> A Dell Dimension 2350 with Linux installed.
>
> What do I adjust in the computer's configuration to get the computer
> ignore the built-in video chip and use, instead, a newly installed
video
> card?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj tuchler

David

"Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.06.21.17.02.46.302542@earthlink.net>...
> A Dell Dimension 2350 with Linux installed.
>
> What do I adjust in the computer's configuration to get the computer to
> ignore the built-in video chip and use, instead, a newly installed video
> card?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj tuchler
The bios does not have this option. Must have higher models of
dell to have this option.

Dave

The problem is that Linux doesn't understand that (I guess)>

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:29:33 -0700, David wrote:

> "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.06.21.17.02.46.302542@earthlink.net>...
>> A Dell Dimension 2350 with Linux installed.
>>
>> What do I adjust in the computer's configuration to get the computer to
>> ignore the built-in video chip and use, instead, a newly installed video
>> card?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> dj tuchler
> The bios does not have this option. Must have higher models of
> dell to have this option.
>
> Dave

The BIOS has a toggle for the "primary video adapter" between "AUTO" and
"Onboard". Is that the same thing as "on/off"?

dj tuchler

Sort of, it's a toggle between onboard and look for
another video card.