i need to transfer the bottom rail and edge pieces from one piece of
backglass to another. any tips or caveats i need to know? i'm a little
nervous about removing the pieces without ruining them and also curious
what to use to re-glue them to the new glass. THANKS!

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

What game? To my knowledge, none are glued at all.

--
Fred
TX

"mike hooker" <mhooker@optonline.net> wrote

> i need to transfer the bottom rail and edge pieces from one piece of
> backglass to another. any tips or caveats i need to know? i'm a little
> nervous about removing the pieces without ruining them and also curious
> what to use to re-glue them to the new glass. THANKS!
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

hi, its a 1974 williams, sorry to not specify that. it looks like the
edge pieces will pull right off, but the bottom rail is really on there.
it should just pull off?? then just press them all back on?

thanks

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

There's usually some black sticky goop (tar?) that was used to secure the
bottom metal channel to the glass. The best suggestion I've heard for
removing the bottom channel is to lay the glass face up on a padded surface,
hold a 1x2 piece of wood next to the lip of the metal channel, and tap the 1x2
with a hammer to dislodge the bottom channel. Try alternating from side to
side, and you should be able to get the channel off safely.

I've had good luck with this method myself, but be aware that you could very
easily break the glass if you're not careful.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <99oQe.28$nF.3510@news.uswest.net>, mike hooker
<mhooker@optonline.net> wrote:
>hi, its a 1974 williams, sorry to not specify that. it looks like the
>edge pieces will pull right off, but the bottom rail is really on there.
>it should just pull off?? then just press them all back on?
>
>thanks

Mike,

If you are talking about a WPC game with an translite involved...it's not
glued.
(originally it isn't, the former owner could have done it though...)

You slide the trims on (or off for that matter) the four sides of the glass
and the translite.
--
Jelle Nelemans - The Netherlands
________________________________

"mike hooker" <mhooker@optonline.net> schreef in bericht
>i need to transfer the bottom rail and edge pieces from one piece of
> backglass to another. any tips or caveats i need to know? i'm a little
> nervous about removing the pieces without ruining them and also curious
> what to use to re-glue them to the new glass. THANKS!
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Beaver

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

I have removed the edges from a 1984 Williams backglass. Each edge was
held in place with two black double sticky cloth tape. They were about
2 inches in length.

I just warmed the edge up with a hair dryer and then pulled gently for
a long time until it slowly flowed off. Cleaned it up with some
alcohol, and I was done.

Edward Cheung

TRENDING THREADS