Pins In Hawaii?

Laying by the pool and sipping a Pinacolada, I got to wondering if
there might be a place in Maui, Hawaii where there are pins for the
grandkids to play or where a collector might be found. It seems that
since I have been on the R.G.P. (which I admit has not been very long)
I can't recall seeing a single post from Hawaii. And getting the daily
Mr. Pinball machine and parts adds (also for not all that long) I can't
recall a seller from Hawaii. The hotels I have been at all have game
arcades for the kids but they are filled with video machines and not a
single pinball machine to be seen. It's hard to convince the grandkids
that there are more things worth their playing than video games and
that the three pins at my house aren't just taking up valuable space
that could be filled with machines that are played with a joystick.
Will the time come that even Stern goes belly up and nobody remembers
what a pinball machine is or was?
Bob

Bob Rentzer wrote:
P.S.
Just did a google search on this R.G.P. using "Hawaii" and came up with
a couple of posts which seem to confirm that the only pin on the entire
island of Maui was in a laundry room at the Mariot hotel. Sad! :-(
Bob

Bob Rentzer wrote:

> Bob Rentzer wrote:
> P.S.
> Just did a google search on this R.G.P. using "Hawaii" and came up with
> a couple of posts which seem to confirm that the only pin on the entire
> island of Maui was in a laundry room at the Mariot hotel. Sad! :-(
> Bob

Bob, they'll let you drink Pinacoldas in
the laundry room at the Mariott. Go
check out the pin and give us a report.
My guess is that you will find a
Gilligan's Island. ;-)

Oh, and I'm jealous as heck that you are
enjoying Hawaii while I'm stuck in hot
old east Tennessee. ;-)

--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6

> check out the pin and give us a report.
> My guess is that you will find a
> Gilligan's Island. ;-)
>
> Oh, and I'm jealous as heck that you are
> enjoying Hawaii while I'm stuck in hot
> old east Tennessee. ;-)
Rick:
Don't be too jealous. By the time this vacation is over it will have
cost me more than the Grover FH. But I will stop in at the Marriot and
see if I can find that pin.
But I think it is more likely to turn out to be a Chicago Coin Hula
Hula or a Gottlieb Pleasure Isle. :)
Bob

Just back from a beach walk over to the Mariott. The laundry room and
game room are situated together although separated by a wall. There
*is* a pin in the game room, but it looks lonely and intimidated by the
video games that dominate the area.
Kids don't even look in its direction.
Oh, yeah... I guess you want to know what it is.
It's a Stern Sharkey's Shootout.
I thought about playing it but you can't play a pin while you are
holding a Pinacolada.

Bob

Yea, Sharkey's Shootout does't warrant putting down your Pina' Colada.

Bob Rentzer wrote:
> Just did a google search on this R.G.P. using "Hawaii" and came up with
> a couple of posts which seem to confirm that the only pin on the entire
> island of Maui was in a laundry room at the Mariot hotel. Sad! :-(
> Bob

Hey Bob,

We're visiting Maui too! I'll take a look at the arcade here at the
Grand Wailea, but the description of the arcade made it sounds like
it's vids only. Great water-slides though!

steve SDTM

Im in the "membership club" at the grand wailea. go once a year and
they do rotate the games in the arcade. when i was last there in may
they had one pin, was a rct in pretty good shape. there were 2
touchscreens on the bar in the nightclub, which is strangely only open
once a week.

water slides at the grand wailea and pretty cool. but there is much
more to do around the hotel and the neighboring world class properties.
the waliea area is incredible.

Holy smoke! I'm leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday! I can't skip town
fast enough. After a couple days in Oahu, I'll be spending a week in
Maui. About halfway between Lahaina and Kahului. I didn't plan on
publicly announcing my itinerary, but since it seems about half the RGP
is in the islands somewhere this week, what the hell. I guess I won't
be playing pinball, but drop an email if you want to get together over
a roasted pig and/or Blue Hawaiian with one of those little umbrellas
in it.
Brian

Bob Rentzer wrote:

> It's a Stern Sharkey's Shootout.

Sharks and Hawaii... yes, that's a good fit.

> I thought about playing it but you can't play a pin while you are
> holding a Pinacolada.

That's why God invented video arcade
games... they serve as a place to set
your Pinacolada while playing pinball. ;-)

--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6

Love the Grand Wailea, do they still have all those Botero art pieces?

GRY

billb wrote:

>Hawaii is a nice place and I spent many years there, but if it's pinball you
>want, well, fuhgettaboudit.

Is "Fuhgettaboudit" an island found in the Bikinis? ;-)

Rick Swanson

There was a guy named Casey Davis (I think) who contacted me from
Hawaii a couple years back about a Surfers game I had. Had a lot of
pins and used to route them, maybe he still does. Not sure what island
he's on though, it's been too long. Might check your phone listings
when you get out there.
Brian

pinsane wrote:
> Hey Bob,
> We're visiting Maui too! I'll take a look at the arcade here at the
> Grand Wailea, but the description of the arcade made it sounds like
> it's vids only. Great water-slides though!
Hi, Steve:
We did the Grand Wailea last year. The slides and rope swing kept the
grandkids busy... but the food wasn't all that good and we missed being
close to Lahina, so this year it was back to the Hyatt. I'd suggest we
get together but I don't think having to deal with 4 grandkids would be
your idea of a vacation, even though they would be under our control.
Then again, control is probably not all that accurate of a description
when there are two seven year old twin boys and their 11 year old
brother who are constantly picking on each other. We just turned the
twins in at camp Hyatt and they will be taken care of from 9 a.m. to 3
p.m. leaving us with just their brother and our other grandkid who is
12. Our son came along to ride shotgun over that part of the gang.
Bob