Will pay $300.00 for a working Gangbusters amp board

Subject says it all there has to be a working spare out there
somewhere. Help!

Not a pin it's a Midway gun game and a very quiet one right now:(
Del wrote:
> Pin-Tom,
> Is this a Pinball ??, I've heard of BoneBusters
> but not Gangbusters ?? Fill me in please !!
>
> Pin-Del,

"and a very quiet one right now"

So does that mean you have one and it broke or is it missing all
together?
do you have schematics? you could probably built a replacement.
~Jeff
www.shootagainamusements.com

It's a part #PC 563-945 I have the board and the schematics it just
doesn't work I've replaced most of the caps and still nothing. I tried
the usual repair board repair shops even asking if they could just test
components and replace any problem parts and none of them would take it
on, the main problem for me is identifying and sourceing the parts.

Redfive05 wrote:
> "and a very quiet one right now"
>
> So does that mean you have one and it broke or is it missing all
> together?
> do you have schematics? you could probably built a replacement.
> ~Jeff
> www.shootagainamusements.com

I know the speaker is good, how do I over-ride the control line?

On 2005-08-28 19:20:35 -0700, pinballtom264@gmail.com said:

> It's a part #PC 563-945 I have the board and the schematics it just
> doesn't work I've replaced most of the caps and still nothing. I tried
> the usual repair board repair shops even asking if they could just test
> components and replace any problem parts and none of them would take it
> on, the main problem for me is identifying and sourceing the parts.
>
> Redfive05 wrote:
>> "and a very quiet one right now"
>>
>> So does that mean you have one and it broke or is it missing all
>> together?
>> do you have schematics? you could probably built a replacement.
>> ~Jeff
>> www.shootagainamusements.com

The problem with fixing old gun game boards is they require unusal
voltages and wiring. So we 'could' test it, but we would charge up to
one hour for setup...of course you are certain that the control
circuitry is working correctly. You have tested the speaker to make
sure it works (noise), and check that if you try to over-ride the
control line for the amp it is still silent...

One other problem with these old single sided boards is hairline cracks
that break traces...

It should cost less than $200 to service...at least at our shop. Might
take a few months though - backlogged.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

On 2005-08-30 10:59:25 -0700, pinballtom264@gmail.com said:

> I know the speaker is good, how do I over-ride the control line?

(please quote more so folks know what we are talking about)

Check the schematic for the amplifier/sound section. You will see that
some relay contacts will enable the sounds - find the pins on the audio
board that match the relay contacts and carefully short them. The sound
should appear...

Is the audio board powered correctly? It gets it's juice from somewhere
and if the speaker is silent (no hum for example) then I would start
with power getting to the board.

John :-#)#