Sign in with
Your question

help - windows 98 problem !!!

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
October 22, 2002 12:11:32 AM

normally when u restart win the last open window appear next time you load windows - if none is opened nothing is opened - my problem is that every time i open a window and leave it then shutdown or restart windows it open the next time windows starts and i have to close it manualy - every booting with windows 98 i must close about 4 or 5 stuck windows "which is very boring" i need to know where does win98 store the list of windows opened to open it the next time windows starts - i searched the registry and .ini files and even deleted the user.dat file but nothing happened and the problem remained
please help me i'm stuck
i can reinstall windows but i want to know how to solve this problem

More about : windows problem

October 23, 2002 9:35:07 PM

folder options > view > uncheck restore previous folder windows at logon ?

Don't listen to a newbie, listen to the <A HREF="http://evilcity.com/" target="_new">evilness</A> inside you...
October 27, 2002 12:53:55 AM

unfortunately this doesn't apply to win 98 - this option is available only in windows xp - got any other ideas ?????
Related resources
October 27, 2002 2:02:34 AM

Close all windows before restarting?

That's what I used to do before I got XP...

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
October 27, 2002 4:17:50 PM

that what i do but the problem is when i forget a window it loads every time windows start - my question is "where does windows stores the folders to be loaded the next time it boots ?"
October 28, 2002 2:50:19 PM

dont be so lazy and close the dam things, it will probably shut down quicker anyway.
anyhow, www.regedit.com has the answer cant tell you exactly where but it is there.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
October 29, 2002 10:03:01 AM

oh really!
thats why i posted a link also is it??? maybe just that you lost your sense of humour, I'll have to remember you for next time you ask for advice

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
October 29, 2002 2:38:29 PM

Okay sorry I got huffy. I didn't feel it was fair to the guy that you called him lazy after he showed the patience to sit through a lot of non-answers to his question. He just wanted to know where some info was stored (and I checked your link but couldn't find it there either) and was not looking for workarounds. Obviously he knew when he made his post that one option was to close the windows prior to shutdown.

John A
!