What does this "modified" sticker mean on my old Gottlieb?

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2005 5:40:25 PM

I have a Gottlieb pinball from 1975 that has a torn sticker on it under
the glass at the rear apron.
It says "Modified by C.A. Robinson" and seems to have some "approved"
numbers, but I can't make anything else out.
Also a round sticker next to it with what appears to be a serial
number, but not the machines number.

Anybody know about this sticker?
Thanks.
Alan
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 2:47:41 AM

That sticker just states that the game has been ck'ed and modified to L.A.
electrical standards. Had to pay a fee and get inspector out to see if you
had a safe game.
Real electrical safeguards that are part of most games, but a revenue
producer for local government.
the sticker has nothing to do with the game, except that C.A. either sold it
or modified it to use in L.A.
"P2K" <3-d@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I have a Gottlieb pinball from 1975 that has a torn sticker on it under
> the glass at the rear apron.
> It says "Modified by C.A. Robinson" and seems to have some "approved"
> numbers, but I can't make anything else out.
> Also a round sticker next to it with what appears to be a serial
> number, but not the machines number.
>
> Anybody know about this sticker?
> Thanks.
> Alan