Sign in with
Your question

PC freeezes whenever i play games..

Last response: in Windows 7
December 8, 2012 1:39:03 AM

my pc freezes everytime i play games like cod modern warfare 2, 3, fifa 13, nfs mw or gta sa.. After 5-10 mins of gameplay pc freezes and a buzzing noise starts to come out from the speakers.
i need to press the restart button everytime. my specs are:
biostar h55 hd mobo
2gb x 2 ddr3 ram @1333 hmz
intel core i5 650 @3.20 ghz
500 gb hdd
cm elite power 350w psu
screen res. 1366x768
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit sp1

i do not have a graphic card but i am planning to get one a after my problem i solved..i tried reinstalling windows and installing the latest drivers but i still have the problem.
Games like mafia 2 do not hang up..
please help me!!
thanx...

More about : freeezes play games

Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 9, 2012 3:06:19 PM

the temp of cpu and motherboard is too high
so try cleaning your computer from dust by using air blower
then how many fan you have in the case
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:00:28 PM

i have one 120mm fan and a 80mm fan on the side of the case opp. To mobo.. Others are psu fan and cpu fan..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 10, 2012 3:55:37 PM

80mm fan on the side of the case opp. To mobo
this fan discharge air or suck air from case
then
120mm fan where been installed
m
l
December 10, 2012 10:48:35 PM

120 mm sucks air in and the 80mm blows air out.. Both are opp to mobo.
m
l
December 10, 2012 10:51:14 PM

120 mm sucks air in and the 80mm blows air out.. Both are opp to mobo.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 11, 2012 9:23:57 PM

are both fan installed in the side of case
or in the back
m
l
December 11, 2012 10:57:30 PM

profkefah said:
download hw monitor
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wuid0ry1ddwjg7k
run it
run a game
then
upload image from it

Yes, the computer components are getting way too hot. Just open up the case and spray some compressed air around to get the dust out, paying particular attention to the cpu area. If it's not very dusty, then the cpu cooler is not doing its job correctly. If you've installed an aftermarket heatsink on the cpu, make sure the 2 components (cpu and heatsink) are making proper contact. If everything is stock from the manufacturer, then you might want to invest in an aftermarket heatsink, which in turn may lead you to investing in an aftermarket computer case.
m
l
December 11, 2012 11:55:27 PM

i have the zebronics antibiotic cabinet and i do not want to upgrade it since i bought it last year.. i do not overclock.. .so .. should i get a cabinet fan to install it in the rear or a new cpu fan..???
thanx..
m
l
December 11, 2012 11:59:12 PM

profkefah said:
are both fan installed in the side of case
or in the back

both are on the side... :o 
m
l
December 12, 2012 6:54:31 PM

I've never seen a push-pull configuration on the same side of a case.

Make sure you have an intake fan in front, pulling fresh air into the case and an exhaust fan in the rear of the case, taking warm air out.

If you have a blowhole fan (top fan), it can serve either as an intake or exhaust.

Change the configuration of your 2 side fans (the 120 and 80) so they both act as exhaust (taking warm air out).

Monitor the cpu temp with that configuration for awhile, using hwmonitor or core temp (http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/). If the problem still persists, you'll have to examine the cpu heatsink. You can 1) clean the cpu and heatsink surfaces and reapply some thermal paste or 2) buy a new after market heatsink.

It's because you're using the built-in Intel graphics for intensive gaming. If you were to use a seperate graphics card, you probably wouldn't have this problem.
m
l
December 12, 2012 11:39:52 PM

if only i could open the side fans. i would not get new fans....so.. if i get a new graphic card and 2 new case fans for front and rear it will be ok.. if so .. i am planning to get the hd 7750 next week.. is that enough for my res. 1366 x 768??
m
l
December 12, 2012 11:52:21 PM

A primary graphics should definitely take load off the cpu and lower temps. And yes, adding an intake fan and exhaust fan to the front and back, respectively, should help.

I seriously suggest changing the current fan configuration on the side of the case, as I wouldn't be surprised if the intake fan is taking the air from the exhaust fan; it's putting some of the warm air back into the system.

Make both of those fans exhaust fans to blown warm air out of the system.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 8:43:23 PM

ok if both fan on the side
make both blow air to inside the case
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 8:57:58 PM

Is that plastic sheeting over the side opening of your case?

If that is covering the side in areas where the fans aren't it could be trapping air in as well. Most case makers when they have a side-view window make it vented somehow for the benefit of hot air escaping the case naturally.
m
l
January 8, 2013 3:16:23 AM

its open/...
m
l
January 8, 2013 3:17:21 AM

hedwar2011 said:
Is that plastic sheeting over the side opening of your case?

If that is covering the side in areas where the fans aren't it could be trapping air in as well. Most case makers when they have a side-view window make it vented somehow for the benefit of hot air escaping the case naturally.

no its open.. :??: 
m
l
January 8, 2013 3:19:11 AM

sorry for the late reply.. i was out of station.. i bought a xfx hd 7750 core edition.. but the problem still remains the same... :(  .. what can i do???
m
l
February 9, 2013 10:49:32 PM

thank you very much.. i have the xfx hd 7750 now, it doesnt freeze anymore...
m
l
!