Simple question: Restoring diagnostics partition

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 21, 2004 10:59:06 PM

Hi,

Which command do I use to restore the partition from the resource CD?
The hdd is blank currently.

Tia,
Andrew.
My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 10:59:07 PM

Andrew Hodgson <news@nospam.hodgsonfamily.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>Which command do I use to restore the partition from the resource CD?
>The hdd is blank currently.

AFAIK, you can't. But you can run the programs, when needed,
from the CD. Or you can just put them somewhere on your hard
drive like any other utility program, and run them, AIUI, in a
DOS window.

[Someday, if/when I a) remember it and b) get a round tuit, I've
got to check them out, try running them, see what they do, etc.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:02:43 -0400, Ogden Johnson III
<oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Andrew Hodgson <news@nospam.hodgsonfamily.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>Which command do I use to restore the partition from the resource CD?
>>The hdd is blank currently.
>
>AFAIK, you can't. But you can run the programs, when needed,
>from the CD. Or you can just put them somewhere on your hard
>drive like any other utility program, and run them, AIUI, in a
>DOS window.
>
>[Someday, if/when I a) remember it and b) get a round tuit, I've
>got to check them out, try running them, see what they do, etc.]

Thanks. I just wondered since we have them at work, and I wondered
whether they could be restored like I used to do on old Compaqs.

!