Sign in with
Your question

Why don't you need a fan for the XP Mobile procs?

Last response: in CPUs
September 9, 2004 11:33:17 PM

I was looking at Newegg at this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

Why do the people who reviewed it say they don't need a heatsink and fan?

Always remember, you are unique...just like everyone else. :wink:

More about : fan mobile procs

September 10, 2004 12:02:26 AM

You need a fan or a heatpipe system. You can not just throw a HS on it. That is only possible with very low heat items like VIA’s eden or C3 Samual or Intels <A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20040902154930..." target="_new">Shelten</A> They usually only put out single digit wattage.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2004 5:07:27 AM

I ran a Celeron 1100 Tualatin passively cooled with one of those huge IBM Pentium 1 heatsinks.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
September 10, 2004 11:02:22 AM

Sorry for that, don't like celeron

<font color=green>Signature????</font color=green>
<font color=blue>Who needs it?</font color=blue>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ettienne_E on 09/10/04 07:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2004 12:03:15 PM

Tualatin Celeron 1100 beats P4 1300 or Athlon 1000. The key word is Tualatin, had 2x the cache.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 10, 2004 1:41:14 PM

my tuly cely 1.2@1.6 works pretty good for dirty cheep
a b à CPUs
September 10, 2004 8:20:24 PM

I had mine overclocked too, but not while I was experimenting with passive cooling.

!