Resale Question

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2005 9:48:39 PM

Hello,

When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
you made a profit?

I would assume operators do . . . ?
The rest of us . . . ?

Al

More about : resale question

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 12:47:25 AM

Nah. Regardless of what I have into a pin, when I get ready to sell it
I look at the market and try to sell it just under market. I rarely
sell a game.

-cody
CARGPB#4

>When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include >the transportation
>cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost >basis to determine if
>you made a profit?

>I would assume operators do . . . ?
>The rest of us . . . ?

>Al
August 29, 2005 12:53:37 AM

Agreed, If I sell a pin, which is rare, I price just under market so I
dont sit on it. why sit on a game forever. Makes no sense, plus I
hate haggling on price. if you put it at a fair price and under
market, you should be able to stand your ground and have enough buyers
to get your asking price.
August 29, 2005 1:43:09 AM

Yes, I count all I spend on it for my cost basis (not including repairs for
things that break while I own it, that's maintenance costs).

<pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
> cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
> you made a profit?
>
> I would assume operators do . . . ?
> The rest of us . . . ?
>
> Al

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 5:38:11 AM

NO, that was just part of the " vacation,trip"....

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

<pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
> cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
> you made a profit?
>
> I would assume operators do . . . ?
> The rest of us . . . ?
>
> Al

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 6:06:56 AM

I never keep track of bulbs or fuses either....There's no way i could keep
up with that.

--

"John in NC" <john_ncNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Yes, I count all I spend on it for my cost basis (not including repairs
for
> things that break while I own it, that's maintenance costs).
>

> <pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
> > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
> > you made a profit?
> >
> > I would assume operators do . . . ?
> > The rest of us . . . ?
> >
> > Al

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 2:30:37 PM

Not really - but if you live in Southern California, where pins are
rare and prices ridiculous, you can include the cost and still be below
market value for the area (which is why I seldom buy local).

- Q
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:09:44 PM

You can include/omit any costs you want when calculating your sale price,
but most buying/selling values are determined by current market value- based
on the "going rate" and actual condition of the machine you have. Sort of
like used cars. A car that normally sells for $500 on the average would be
hard to get $1000 for unless it was in exceptionally good condition- that
sort of thing.

Consider looking around the 'net to see what other/similar games are going
for, based on their condition, and price your's accordingly. Or pick up one
of the Mr. Pinball price guides- we have info on these posted on our
website- www.actionpinball.com

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

<pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
> cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
> you made a profit?
>
> I would assume operators do . . . ?
> The rest of us . . . ?
>
> Al

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:43:21 PM

pin_wizzard@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
> cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
> you made a profit?
>
> I would assume operators do . . . ?
> The rest of us . . . ?
>
> Al

I keep track of it and sometimes figure it in depending on each sale.
Sometimes that figure is used for haggling!

Brian Ray
!