Resale Question

Hello,

When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
you made a profit?

I would assume operators do . . . ?
The rest of us . . . ?

Al
8 answers Last reply
More about resale question

    Nah. Regardless of what I have into a pin, when I get ready to sell it
    I look at the market and try to sell it just under market. I rarely
    sell a game.

    -cody
    CARGPB#4

    >When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include >the transportation
    >cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost >basis to determine if
    >you made a profit?

    >I would assume operators do . . . ?
    >The rest of us . . . ?

    >Al

    Agreed, If I sell a pin, which is rare, I price just under market so I
    dont sit on it. why sit on a game forever. Makes no sense, plus I
    hate haggling on price. if you put it at a fair price and under
    market, you should be able to stand your ground and have enough buyers
    to get your asking price.

    Yes, I count all I spend on it for my cost basis (not including repairs for
    things that break while I own it, that's maintenance costs).

    <pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
    > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
    > you made a profit?
    >
    > I would assume operators do . . . ?
    > The rest of us . . . ?
    >
    > Al

    NO, that was just part of the " vacation,trip"....

    --
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

    Still looking for:
    E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    <pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
    > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
    > you made a profit?
    >
    > I would assume operators do . . . ?
    > The rest of us . . . ?
    >
    > Al

    I never keep track of bulbs or fuses either....There's no way i could keep
    up with that.

    --

    "John in NC" <john_ncNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Yes, I count all I spend on it for my cost basis (not including repairs
    for
    > things that break while I own it, that's maintenance costs).
    >

    > <pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
    > > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
    > > you made a profit?
    > >
    > > I would assume operators do . . . ?
    > > The rest of us . . . ?
    > >
    > > Al

    Not really - but if you live in Southern California, where pins are
    rare and prices ridiculous, you can include the cost and still be below
    market value for the area (which is why I seldom buy local).

    - Q

    You can include/omit any costs you want when calculating your sale price,
    but most buying/selling values are determined by current market value- based
    on the "going rate" and actual condition of the machine you have. Sort of
    like used cars. A car that normally sells for $500 on the average would be
    hard to get $1000 for unless it was in exceptionally good condition- that
    sort of thing.

    Consider looking around the 'net to see what other/similar games are going
    for, based on their condition, and price your's accordingly. Or pick up one
    of the Mr. Pinball price guides- we have info on these posted on our
    website- www.actionpinball.com

    Ray J.
    --
    Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
    Salt Lake City, Utah USA

    <pin_wizzard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
    > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
    > you made a profit?
    >
    > I would assume operators do . . . ?
    > The rest of us . . . ?
    >
    > Al

    pin_wizzard@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > When you price a pin for re-sale, do you include the transportation
    > cost incurred to acquire it as part of your cost basis to determine if
    > you made a profit?
    >
    > I would assume operators do . . . ?
    > The rest of us . . . ?
    >
    > Al

    I keep track of it and sometimes figure it in depending on each sale.
    Sometimes that figure is used for haggling!

    Brian Ray

Games Video Games