MN-520 problems...

I'm having problems with my network adapter in Windows 98
on my Dell laptop. My MN-520 card just stopped working
all of a sudden. I can't reinstall any of the drivers
using either Add New Hardware or the setup program on the
CD. I'm getting a "Rundll32 has created a General
Protection Fault in module Setupx.dll" after I try using
Have Disk. Also, on the card, my power light is on but
the wireless light is not. I have no idea what to try
now...I can't find any advice on the Internet. Please
help.

George Lee

joker

A few things.

First if you went to http://support.microsoft.com/ & did a search for
'Rundll32 "Setupx.dll"' (without the single quotes but with the double
quotes because of the "." in the second file name) It would have listed
the 4 articles most closely related to your problem.

Second off if you did the exact same search on http://www.google.com/
you would have received those articles as well as several others.

So you need to check out the following links.

http://www.geocities.com/v_2joecr/images/bart_and_google_search.gif

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=Rundll32++%22Setupx.dll%22&Query=Rundll32++%22Setupx.dll%22&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

(This one is really long and ends with "&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on"
without the quotes of course.)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Rundll32++%22Setupx.dll%22&btnG=Google+Search

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177847