• Laptops
  • Battery
  • Aspire
  • College
  • Gaming
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
July 13, 2010 12:21:38 AM

What size screen do you all recommend? I won't be going to college for two more years so i don't know how much i'll be walking yet so i thought a 14 inch or 15 inch would be fine. Also how much battery life do you all recommend? So far I have narrowed my list down to these two laptops:

Aspire 4591
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
Aspire TimelineX
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

The price on the 4591 sounded great but the 2 hour and 40 minute battery life seemed short especially once I need to use it for school but I could be wrong. Which do you all think I should get?

More about : laptop gaming college

a c 244 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
July 13, 2010 7:17:52 AM

Can you fill the FAQ first ? (we have to know your usage first before recommending anything, the link is in my sig)
m
l

Best solution

July 13, 2010 10:29:02 AM

I'd definitely pick the TimelineX.

It has more power than the 4591 with it's Core i3 350M CPU.
It's smaller 14" size and incredible battery life make it the obviously better option especially if you're going to bring it with you to school or anywhere else for that matter.

I think the higher performance, greater mobility, and way longer battery life easily justify the higher cost.
Related resources
July 13, 2010 1:22:51 PM

Maziar said:
Can you fill the FAQ first ? (we have to know your usage first before recommending anything, the link is in my sig)

Well for these next two years my usage would only be for gaming and internet so it would probably be plugged in most of the time anyway. But when I go to school in two years that'll be the primary usage and 2 hours and 40 minutes doesn't seem to be long enough but I could be wrong.
m
l
July 13, 2010 4:12:53 PM

2 hours 30 minutes is decent timing... if your willing to swap battery life for better spefications, as your also gaming with the laptop. You'll just need to pay money for an extra battery which can be fully charged that way once you run at you just swap over, and find somewhere to charge the other one (lunch break times).
m
l
July 13, 2010 9:46:42 PM

Best answer selected by Network24.
m
l
!