Apparently the Windows 8 section is unavailable so I'm making the post here. Feel free to move the topic when the section is available again.
I have a 7 months old Windows 7 laptop and I'm seriously considering upgrading to Windows 8. I know people are very conservative and many are hating just because it's different but I like the modern UI and I have a Windows Phone as well as an Xbox360 so I'm used to it.
1) The things is I've heard something about problems and bugs after upgrading instead of doing a clean install? Of couse I want to keep my files and my software (MS Office in particular, that costs money you know) which is why I definitely would prefer upgrading, but I don't want an OS the doesn't work as well as it could.
2) When you do upgrade, what will happen to Windows 7? Will it be removed or will I have unnecessary system files here and there taking up my HDD space? I don't really want to waste space on my hard drive.
3) Windows 7 came with my laptop, is it possible to go back to Windows 7 should I suddenly have the desire to do so? I don't really have a physical copy. What if you did a system backup of Windows 7, then I would be able to go back and forth?
4) Does Windows 8 come with a single license so you can do ONE install only or can you install it as often as you like on the same machine?
5) Will I have to update my hardware drivers myself or will the OS help me doing that? I have updated my GPU driver before but never my CPU, motherboard and what else you need. Anything I should be aware of?