MN-500 router related

I've installed Windows 2003 Server on my home machine. I
want to use it as a web server. I am unable to ping my
server from the outside. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Andy
1 answer Last reply
More about router related

    You can't ping the computers that are behind the MN-500. If you want to
    run a web server you will need to enable persistent port forwarding to
    the port the server is serving on.

    Two notes. First do not install the BNU on the Windows 2003 computer,
    if you already have please uninstall it as it will have problems on
    Windows 2003. Second several ISP's will block you from serving web
    pages on port 80 (that's the default port for http traffic).

    Andy wrote:

    > I've installed Windows 2003 Server on my home machine. I
    > want to use it as a web server. I am unable to ping my
    > server from the outside. Can someone help me out?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andy

Routers Windows Server 2003 Servers Networking