MN-500 router related

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 13, 2004 8:19:38 PM

I've installed Windows 2003 Server on my home machine. I
want to use it as a web server. I am unable to ping my
server from the outside. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Andy

More about : 500 router related

September 13, 2004 10:44:23 PM

You can't ping the computers that are behind the MN-500. If you want to
run a web server you will need to enable persistent port forwarding to
the port the server is serving on.

Two notes. First do not install the BNU on the Windows 2003 computer,
if you already have please uninstall it as it will have problems on
Windows 2003. Second several ISP's will block you from serving web
pages on port 80 (that's the default port for http traffic).

!