Not able to boot via dvdrom after win 7 installation.

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Hi,

I just installed Win7 Ultimate upgrade from Xp Home edition with an upgrade disk media. The intallation and validation went well on my brand new hdd until i realised i forgot to do the partition as originally plan. Well there was no option for me to choose partition (i might have missed the step).
Anyway, seeing all still in early stage, I decided to reintall my win 7. For whatever reason, it won't boot via my dvdrom any more. A friend suggested to try to boot with win xp disk which i tried with no luck. I went back to bios to re-set the boot sequence to dvdrom again, this also failed. Note, when i first install the win 7 it did boot from the dvdrom.

Basicly, when it was booting on the dos screen... it does ask to press any key to boot via cd/dvdrom, when i pressed any key it just follow by 2-4 dots then just proceed to the log in screen.

Any suggestion?

Your prompt assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

Ken168

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
Thanks 505090/Zoron.

I just fixed it. Booted from my winXp, deleted partition the win7 drive. Then reinstall the win7 by plugging the empty drive only. It boot and let me install win7. Once completed I put back my winXp drive and install win7 for 2nd time (repair win) as it won't let me activate win7 without the winXp info. Once completed there is no issue with activating win7.

Again, thanks.

Ken