Why using a monitor over a HDTV?

lordazura

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I am looking for a 24" monitor/HDTV for my computer. Sure I am looking for a Full HD one for less than 230$ before taxes and fee.

The question I have is that almost every 24" HDTV 1080p monitors are cheaper than 24" 1080p computer monitor.

Is there something I don't get? Why does monitors appears to be overpriced?

=================================
Windows 7 - X64
Intel i5 3570k@4.7 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 680 2Gb OC@1200 Core/3500 Memory
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHZ PC3-15000
=================================

Solution
monitors and tvs may display images slightly differently due to the arrangement of the rgb pixels or in some cases the addition of yellow pixels. i have found that text is easier to view on monitors and video looks better on tvs but only slightly so and only on certain panels. i have yet to find a concrete source to quote on the exact differences.

as far as having a choice in resolutions: you should only use the native resolution. some monitors and some televisions will not display a video feed in an unsupported resolution and some will autoscale the image. it can be hit or miss.

either can be used.

One of the main reasons is the resolution that computer monitors offer. Whils both will do HD the computer monitor will offer a higher resolution than a tv. Plus you can select from a list of resolutions to adjust to a situation so you have more choices.
A lot of peopledo use tv's for a monitor and seem to be satisfied so if the situation calls for a budget decision then you do have a choice.

monitors and tvs may display images slightly differently due to the arrangement of the rgb pixels or in some cases the addition of yellow pixels. i have found that text is easier to view on monitors and video looks better on tvs but only slightly so and only on certain panels. i have yet to find a concrete source to quote on the exact differences.

as far as having a choice in resolutions: you should only use the native resolution. some monitors and some televisions will not display a video feed in an unsupported resolution and some will autoscale the image. it can be hit or miss.

either can be used.

Solution