identifying a persons ip address

i am getting kind of harrassed by a person on the zone.
He uses a ton of different nics. Is there anyway to
identify someone by there ip address so i can avoid him
all together. I hear people talk about IP addresses but
don't know how to get access.
1 answer Last reply
More about identifying persons address
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    yam wrote:

    > i am getting kind of harrassed by a person on the zone.
    > He uses a ton of different nics. Is there anyway to
    > identify someone by there ip address so i can avoid him
    > all together. I hear people talk about IP addresses but
    > don't know how to get access.

    The ip address changes every time they log on again, if they have a
    phone modem. With cable or dsl, it's a little more permanent. What
    never changes is the mac address of their NIC or other device. You
    might be able to do a google search for software that will show a
    hardware device's mac address, but then you'd somehow have to have
    software running that would block any input from that device.. I doubt
    it's possible.

    Disruptions that occur inside games and in Zonefriends messages, can be
    reported and handled by following the instructions at:
    http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporthubcommunityevents.htm

    To Block a particular Zoner from ZM, in your ZoneFriends, click on
    Options, click on Privacy, then Click on Custom and add the person's
    name you want to block.

    Creating A Chat Filter - Each Zone member can create their own
    supplementary chat filter blocking out words they don't wish to see
    within the main lobbies. Here's what you do:
    1. Open up Windows Notepad. Enter each word you wish to filter from
    the chat. Each word must be on a separate line.
    2. Save the file to: "C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\". Save the
    file with the name "badwords.txt" (without quotes).
    That's it. You can open, change and save this file over and over again
    to keep your supplementary chat filter up to date.
    To ignore a player - Find the player you want to ignore and
    right-click their Member ID. Click Ignore in the drop-down box.

    Silence kibitzers within games.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

    Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.

IP Address Microsoft Video Games