identifying a persons ip address

Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2004 8:04:27 PM

i am getting kind of harrassed by a person on the zone.
He uses a ton of different nics. Is there anyway to
identify someone by there ip address so i can avoid him
all together. I hear people talk about IP addresses but
don't know how to get access.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 4:54:16 PM

yam wrote:

> i am getting kind of harrassed by a person on the zone.
> He uses a ton of different nics. Is there anyway to
> identify someone by there ip address so i can avoid him
> all together. I hear people talk about IP addresses but
> don't know how to get access.

The ip address changes every time they log on again, if they have a
phone modem. With cable or dsl, it's a little more permanent. What
never changes is the mac address of their NIC or other device. You
might be able to do a google search for software that will show a
hardware device's mac address, but then you'd somehow have to have
software running that would block any input from that device.. I doubt
it's possible.

Disruptions that occur inside games and in Zonefriends messages, can be
reported and handled by following the instructions at:
http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporthubcommun...

To Block a particular Zoner from ZM, in your ZoneFriends, click on
Options, click on Privacy, then Click on Custom and add the person's
name you want to block.

Creating A Chat Filter - Each Zone member can create their own
supplementary chat filter blocking out words they don't wish to see
within the main lobbies. Here's what you do:
1. Open up Windows Notepad. Enter each word you wish to filter from
the chat. Each word must be on a separate line.
2. Save the file to: "C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\". Save the
file with the name "badwords.txt" (without quotes).
That's it. You can open, change and save this file over and over again
to keep your supplementary chat filter up to date.
To ignore a player - Find the player you want to ignore and
right-click their Member ID. Click Ignore in the drop-down box.

Silence kibitzers within games.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.
!