IJ ofr TZ

Sandman

I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?

Thanks fro your input.

Nomad

I prefer TZ but I had my IJ first. You'll get a zillion opinions on
gameplay, depth, etc. If you can, buy them both and sell which ever one
you get tired of. I think both will stay in my collection, unless I
can't figure out my new TZ reset issue and I toss the damn game in the
trash.

nomad

I had a Twilight Zone,
I sold it for a Indiana Jones.
I sold my Indiana Jones for another Twilight Zone.

now i'm happy, TZ is a lot better than IJ

Pascal @ www.flipperfarm.be

Hi there,

I have both and neither are leaving. Both great games, but I have to
agree with the majority (so far) and say TZ. I love both, but TZ is an
amazing game and I enoy is more than IJ. Simply one of the best games
ever.

Good luck!
Duane

Hi,

I'd have to go with IJ. It was my very first pin and its still in my
collection today. Though I will admit that part of it has to do with
the theme (I love those movies). You can't go wrong selecting either
of those though. Both are great.

Chris(in NH)

I like them both a lot. However I would have to give TZ the edge at the
moment for gameplay. I like the IJ theme better but I don't seem to get as
into the game as much as I do with the TZ.

--

-Frank Gant
http://orbitpinball.com

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

TZ--not overrated

IJ--2nd place out of 2 in this poll(i.e. last)--overrated

Otto

CARGPB11

sandman wrote:
> I need your help with my next purchase.

What is in your current collection, and what features do YOU like about
about pins? (shot layout, speed, rule depth, sound, toys, mods,... )

Sandman

Currently my only pin is a funhouse and I have no plans of getting rid
of Rudy anytime soon. The next pin I would like to get needs to be deep
in rules and I was hoping to get a Widebody. I got the green light to
purchase a NIB Stern but so far none of them have impressed me enough
to purchase. I have played both a LOTR and a Simpson's Pinball Party
but I was not all that impressed. It is tough to get a feel for a game
when the sound is almost off, the flippers are weak and the playfield
is dirty.

freeman wrote:
> sandman wrote:
> > I need your help with my next purchase.
>

> What is in your current collection, and what features do YOU like about
> about pins? (shot layout, speed, rule depth, sound, toys, mods,... )

OK, for your original question, considering you are looking for rule
depth, between the 2, I would recommend IJ.

IJ - 12 modes, (includes 3 video modes). Unique shot sequences
required to complet the modes.

TZ - 15 Door Panels (no video modes); the door panels are mostly
prizes as coined by Bowen
No shot sequense required to complete the modes.

Though, if you really want a deep rule set, I would suggest you
reconsider the trip to Valinor, or an journey to Alien Invasion.

just my two cents. You may want to try them both on pinmame for a
greater comparison.

Andy

I think IJ is the prettier game, but it is big and slow to me. If I had to
pick one over the other it would be TZ.

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

TZ Hands down! Because the game is flexable.....look at all the mods you
can add to it!

Good Luck!

TexasSteven

I've owned both and my vote is for IJ by far.

Mark Hooks

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

Both keepers, I have a TZ I will never sell and my buddy has an IJ, which I
would like to buy and will if he ever moves, but until then, I can play it
all I want at his house so I dont need to shell out the dough just yet.

Worth making the space for both of these, especially since they are so
totally different games, TZ being a tough game, but very deep, IJ being less
deep but thematically perfect.

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

IJ - Indiana Jones - IJ (hands down)

sandman wrote:
> I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

This is a *highly* personal opinion, but IJ completely blows. Go with
the TZ.

Ignus

"sandman" <steveanelson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need your help with my next purchase. Which would you rather have in
> your home, an IJ or a TZ or are they both overated?
>
> Thanks fro your input.

(And a good one at that!) :D

--
Fred
TX

"Ignus Fast" <ijustcant@doit.net> wrote in message news:AM8Re.2064$P34.213@okepread07...
> This is a *highly* personal opinion, but IJ completely blows. Go with
> the TZ.

Ive owned both and although they are both very entertaining I would
rather have IJ as it held my attention for longer. Too much start stop
play on TZ. IJ has better flow and far superior sound.

Marc.c (uk)

Cokey wrote:
> Ive owned both and although they are both very entertaining I would
> rather have IJ as it held my attention for longer. Too much start stop
> play on TZ. IJ has better flow and far superior sound.
>
> Marc.c (uk)

I collect the Lawlor games so I do have a bias. IJ is a great game. I
enjoy both games, but would give TZ my hands down vote. TZ was my first
of ten machines over the past three years. That being said I want to
add an Indy to my collection by Christmas.

Robert

Sandman

Thanks for all of the input. I ended picking up an IJ. A TZ was my
first choice but I got a good deal on the IJ and it was local so I did
not have to go through the shipping nightmare or cost. The playfield is
in excellent condition as is the backbox. The test shows a few switches
failing but should be an easy fix.