Bsod irql_not_less_or_equal

Alexriv0

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
So for the past few months I've been getting these Blue Screens.

However, this time when I got it, there seemed to be no fix.

I've tried disabling and updating drivers.
I've used Norton's registry checker.

The computer functions fine in Safe mode and Safe mode with Networking.

In normal however, it only last about a minute before it crashes.

Only time I ever seen this message is right before my power supply died. In safe mode your graphics card and such wouldn't be pulling as much power. I suggest attempting a reinstall of windows to ensure its not a corrupt driver. If it occurs again you may need a new PSU. In most all cases this message occurs due to a piece of hardware about to fail.

electronian

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
You didn't just perform an upgrade, right before this time, when it always crashes, did you....like inserting a new video card?

Also, when you say it crashes within a minute or so, just wondering if you get to logon first (and see the desktop).

electronian

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Ok, just asking, cause upgrading with new cards that give the system more power requirements than the power supply puts out can do this.
I was getting this blue screen error, sometimes. When I checked the Windows System Log (which you can do in safe mode with command prompt [ c:\> EVENTVWR.msc ]), I saw a critical error at the exact same time as the bsod--a "Kernel Power" error, indicating the machine rebooted before it was actually done with the boot process.
I never did pinpoint my IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. I just reformatted and reloaded, with a slightly different order of loading my drivers. So far, so good. I haven't gotten the blue screen since 10/24/12
Check your Windows System log, if you can remember what time the blue screen happened.

blackdragonx1186

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
i was, (and still am) getting a similar BOSD. I found out it had to do with old, outdated, and frankly wrong NIC drivers. Try getting newer versions of that. I know it's out there, but it has slowed mine down at least.

electronian

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
It is possible to get this error--coupled with a "Kernel Power" error--from a source outside your computer. You're computer could be running fine; but, if the line voltage has "sag"s in it, when the computer's trying to start up, it won't have enough power to complete the job.