Pop bumper Cover Ink

I'm working on a machine (Card Whiz) where the pop bumper cover ink is
washed off. What kind of ink is it, and has anyone ever tried to re-ink
them? I can see the outline of what was there (A joker face), so hopefully,
it will be easy to repair. TIA

why not just buy new ones from PBR?

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
68 Williams Student Prince

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

Known weakness with Gottlieb caps of old. I think they used a vegetable
based ink, even water washes it right off. I haven't found a way yet to
really clean them without some ink loss :(

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

You can use a good ol' Sharpie(many colors to choose from that usually
will match the original colors) super fine point(or larger size
depending on artwork) and a steady hand and your caps will look like
new...well, almost! ; ) Just be careful not to touch the ink as it
will smear easily when 1st applied.. If you make a mistake you can
wipe it off, but do so right away. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

I didn't know they were available - I'll check their site when I'm not on
dial -up. Its still a valid question in case there are no caps available.
thanks