Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

hatedell <contact@ihatedell.net> wrote:
> You have a voice... use it.

For whose profit? I'll plant a post titled "Dell users are stupid and
gullable" for $5.00.

> > It kills me how when a person has an unfortunate less than desirable
> > experience with a product, they dedicate their lives to hanging out
> slamming
> > the company. I guess when you have no life.......

PC Medic:

My life would be a lot happier if I didn't get ripped off by Dell.
The sold me a refurbished, scratched up computer as brand new
equipment,
ripped me off on the monitor, lied about me accepting a replacement
computer,
keep me in the dark about my refund, wasted hours of my time on the
phone, and made my life hell over the last couple months.

Now I see on these newsgroups that other people have had similar
experiences.
I wish I'd read a few of these posts first and saved myself some
grief.
If I can divert a few people away from Dell from having to suffer like
I have,
I guess that makes me feel like I'm doing something for a good cause.
I sure the hell won't let you discourage me from warning other people.

Year mean "hear" Irene? Go to bed. It is past your bed time.

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry about the typo.
>

> "And I have quite a life, thank you.
>
> If you'd care to here about a little of it, I would be glad to post a very
> small synopsis.

You were correct, I was tired and making a lot of typos.
How about cutting an old woman a little slack?
Or do you just enjoy picking on seniors? >g<

> Year mean "hear" Irene? Go to bed. It is past your bed time.
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry about the typo.
> >

> > "And I have quite a life, thank you.
> >
> > If you'd care to here about a little of it, I would be glad to post a
very
> > small synopsis.

Excuse me! I am also a senior and have my senior moments.

> You were correct, I was tired and making a lot of typos.
> How about cutting an old woman a little slack?
> Or do you just enjoy picking on seniors? >g<
>

> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Year mean "hear" Irene? Go to bed. It is past your bed time.
>>
>> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry about the typo.
>> >

>> > "And I have quite a life, thank you.
>> >
>> > If you'd care to here about a little of it, I would be glad to post a
> very
>> > small synopsis.

I take it, that was an answer to my question? >g<

> Excuse me! I am also a senior and have my senior moments.
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > You were correct, I was tired and making a lot of typos.
> > How about cutting an old woman a little slack?
> > Or do you just enjoy picking on seniors? >g<
> >

> > "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Year mean "hear" Irene? Go to bed. It is past your bed time.
> >>
> >> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > very

I certainly hope that I'm as clever and feisty as you guys when I get to be
a senior citizen.

Rocky

Rocket J. Squirrel wrote:
> I certainly hope that I'm as clever and feisty as you guys when I get to be
> a senior citizen.

<drool>

>Have you been fed up with Dell lately. Indian tech support

I have read numerous posts about complaints about Dell support.

First, a company makes decisions with the bottom line of staying in business
AND making a profit. If company A out sources it support division out of the
U.S., and save money which cuts the retail price by 5%. Company B will follow
to keep competitive. In the near future, we will all have this problem whatever
brand of computer we buy. Who's to blame for the situation. The common retail
buyer looks at two machines which are identical except for the company name on
the case. One is $1000.00 and the other is $950.00, he is not going to know
there may be a future problem in communicating with customer support due to
language. Odds are he will purchase the $950 computer.

Second, the vast majority of Dell owners bought their machines via telephone or
internet because of the savings versus going to a retail store. Again, the
customer made the decision based on price. The retail store "could" be one
avenue of local customer support, but the customer is buying with his wallet
not research.

Third, many of these negative posts do not spell out what the initial
problem(s) are. If it is a hardware problem within warranty, no question the
manufacturer is responsible. I have only seen a few posts where broken machines
in warranty were an issue, in fact there have been posts where replacement
computers were shipped quite easily. But how many of the problems are due to
people not knowing how to use Windows. Every problem I have had was caused by
myself doing something wrong. It would be like buying a Ford and asking them to
teach you to drive. My first two computers were Macs, there is no question in
my mind which OS is user friendly, but that does not matter anymore.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

"JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message

Every problem I have had was caused by
> myself doing something wrong.

Sorry, but I think that says more about you than anyone else.

Of our five problems with Dell, two were faulty hardware, one was an
incorrect shipment, one was charge for shipping when it was supposed to be
"free shipping" and the last was a mishandled credit back to our credit card
for returned equipment. None were caused by our doing any thing wrong and
all took from one to three months or more to get corrected.

"JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
> >Have you been fed up with Dell lately. Indian tech support
>
> I have read numerous posts about complaints about Dell support.
>
> First, a company makes decisions with the bottom line of staying in
business
> AND making a profit. If company A out sources it support division out of
the
> U.S., and save money which cuts the retail price by 5%. Company B will
follow
> to keep competitive. In the near future, we will all have this problem
whatever
> brand of computer we buy. Who's to blame for the situation. The common
retail
> buyer looks at two machines which are identical except for the company
name on
> the case. One is $1000.00 and the other is $950.00, he is not going to
know
> there may be a future problem in communicating with customer support due
> language. Odds are he will purchase the $950 computer.
>
> Second, the vast majority of Dell owners bought their machines via
telephone or
> internet because of the savings versus going to a retail store. Again, the
> customer made the decision based on price. The retail store "could" be one
> avenue of local customer support, but the customer is buying with his
wallet
> not research.
>
> Third, many of these negative posts do not spell out what the initial
> problem(s) are. If it is a hardware problem within warranty, no question
the
> manufacturer is responsible. I have only seen a few posts where broken
machines
> in warranty were an issue, in fact there have been posts where replacement
> computers were shipped quite easily. But how many of the problems are due
> people not knowing how to use Windows. Every problem I have had was
caused by
> myself doing something wrong. It would be like buying a Ford and asking
them to
> teach you to drive. My first two computers were Macs, there is no question
in
> my mind which OS is user friendly, but that does not matter anymore.
> "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

>Every problem I have had was caused by
>> myself doing something wrong.
>
>Sorry, but I think that says more about you than anyone else.

I have had two problems with an old Compaq, none with my Dell.

Just after I made my post, I listened to a radio show on computers. There was a
discussion about tech support going to India. I appears a nation wide bank has
out sourced it's telephone service to India. That bank is now having it's
Indian employees taking classes to improve their speech to "remove" their
Indian accent. In addition, when they answer the phone, they give a false name
like Bob Jones or Cindy Smith.

As a follow up point, if thousands of "phone answerer" jobs are going to India,
aren't those people with better English getting better pay. So a business
trying to save money will try to save money in this area also. As a result you
get those who don't qualify for the high paying jobs.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

> "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

Actually, there is another option. Take the business elsewhere, which is
exactly what we did.

> >Every problem I have had was caused by
> >> myself doing something wrong.
> >
> >Sorry, but I think that says more about you than anyone else.
>
> I have had two problems with an old Compaq, none with my Dell.
>
> Just after I made my post, I listened to a radio show on computers. There
was a
> discussion about tech support going to India. I appears a nation wide bank
has
> out sourced it's telephone service to India. That bank is now having it's
> Indian employees taking classes to improve their speech to "remove" their
> Indian accent. In addition, when they answer the phone, they give a false
name
> like Bob Jones or Cindy Smith.
>
> As a follow up point, if thousands of "phone answerer" jobs are going to
India,
> aren't those people with better English getting better pay. So a business
> trying to save money will try to save money in this area also. As a result
you
> get those who don't qualify for the high paying jobs.
> "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

You took your business elsewhere...why not take your rants elsewhere?

Rocky

> > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
>
> Actually, there is another option. Take the business elsewhere, which is
> exactly what we did.
>

> "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
> > >Every problem I have had was caused by
> > >
> > >Sorry, but I think that says more about you than anyone else.
> >
> > I have had two problems with an old Compaq, none with my Dell.
> >
> > Just after I made my post, I listened to a radio show on computers.
There
> was a
> > discussion about tech support going to India. I appears a nation wide
bank
> has
> > out sourced it's telephone service to India. That bank is now having
it's
> > Indian employees taking classes to improve their speech to "remove"
their
> > Indian accent. In addition, when they answer the phone, they give a
false
> name
> > like Bob Jones or Cindy Smith.
> >
> > As a follow up point, if thousands of "phone answerer" jobs are going to
> India,
> > aren't those people with better English getting better pay. So a
business
> > trying to save money will try to save money in this area also. As a
result
> you
> > get those who don't qualify for the high paying jobs.
> > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

Because:

One: We still have and use daily, 3 Dell computers, two of which are still
under warranty

And Two: Unlike you, I believe that everyone has a right to post their
views to this group.

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> You took your business elsewhere...why not take your rants elsewhere?
>
> Rocky
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot"
JLP20

> > Actually, there is another option. Take the business elsewhere, which is
> > exactly what we did.
> >

> > "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message

> > > I have had two problems with an old Compaq, none with my Dell.
> > >
> > > Just after I made my post, I listened to a radio show on computers.
> There
> > was a
> > > discussion about tech support going to India. I appears a nation wide
> bank
> > has
> > > out sourced it's telephone service to India. That bank is now having
> it's
> > > Indian employees taking classes to improve their speech to "remove"
> their
> > > Indian accent. In addition, when they answer the phone, they give a
> false
> > name
> > > like Bob Jones or Cindy Smith.
> > >
> > > As a follow up point, if thousands of "phone answerer" jobs are going
> > India,
> > > aren't those people with better English getting better pay. So a
> business
> > > trying to save money will try to save money in this area also. As a
> result
> > you
> > > get those who don't qualify for the high paying jobs.
> > > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot"
JLP20

I have to qualify that slightly.

" And Two: Unlike you, I believe that everyone has a right to post their
views to this group."

As long as the discussion is reasonably on topic.

> Because:
>
> One: We still have and use daily, 3 Dell computers, two of which are
still
> under warranty
>
> And Two: Unlike you, I believe that everyone has a right to post their
> views to this group.
>

> "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> > You took your business elsewhere...why not take your rants elsewhere?
> >
> > Rocky
> >
> > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> JLP20
> > >
> > > Actually, there is another option. Take the business elsewhere, which
is
> > > exactly what we did.
> > >

> > > "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message

> > There
> > > was a
> > bank
> > > has
> > it's
> > their
> > false
> > > name

> > > India,
> > business
> > result
> > > you
> JLP20

Your views are welcome, your rants are not.

Rocky

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Because:
>
> One: We still have and use daily, 3 Dell computers, two of which are
still
> under warranty
>
> And Two: Unlike you, I believe that everyone has a right to post their
> views to this group.
>

> "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> > You took your business elsewhere...why not take your rants elsewhere?
> >
> > Rocky
> >
> > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> JLP20
> > >
> > > Actually, there is another option. Take the business elsewhere, which
is
> > > exactly what we did.
> > >

> > > "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message

> > There
> > > was a
> > bank
> > > has
> > it's
> > their
> > false
> > > name

> > > India,
> > business
> > result
> > > you
> JLP20

And I guess you are the one that determines which are "views" and which are
"rants". Am I correct? Isn't that called censorship?

> Your views are welcome, your rants are not.
>
> Rocky
>
> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Because:
> >
> > One: We still have and use daily, 3 Dell computers, two of which are
> still
> > under warranty
> >
> > And Two: Unlike you, I believe that everyone has a right to post their
> > views to this group.
> >

> > "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> > > You took your business elsewhere...why not take your rants elsewhere?
> > >
> > > Rocky
> > >
> > > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > JLP20

> is

> > > There
> wide
> > > bank
> > > it's
> > > their
> > > false

> going
> > > business
> > > result
> > JLP20

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

One was their fault and YOU didn't catch it.

On the shipping, they email you a Order Confirmation.

You should have READ it, caught the shipping charge and
called Customer Support RIGHT away. The charge would
have been backed out right away.

> [...]
> the
> > manufacturer is responsible. I have only seen a few posts where broken
> machines
> > in warranty were an issue, in fact there have been posts where
replacement
> > computers were shipped quite easily. But how many of the problems are
due
> > people not knowing how to use Windows. Every problem I have had was
> caused by
> > myself doing something wrong. It would be like buying a Ford and asking
> them to
> > teach you to drive. My first two computers were Macs, there is no
question
> in
> > my mind which OS is user friendly, but that does not matter anymore.
> > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

"Sparky" <mrlooneybin@nospam.net> wrote in message

Do you know the old saying about "ASSUME".
You ASSUME that we did not look at the order confirmation.
We did and it was correct. No charge for shipping. It was the charge to our
credit card that was in error.
We called the CC company and disputed the charge, but it still took over a
month before Dell finally acknowledged the error.

Next time don't ASSUME.

> [...]
> > the
> > > manufacturer is responsible. I have only seen a few posts where broken
> > machines
> > > in warranty were an issue, in fact there have been posts where
> replacement
> > > computers were shipped quite easily. But how many of the problems are
> due
> > > people not knowing how to use Windows. Every problem I have had was
> > caused by
> > > myself doing something wrong. It would be like buying a Ford and
asking
> > them to
> > > teach you to drive. My first two computers were Macs, there is no
> question
> > in
> > > my mind which OS is user friendly, but that does not matter anymore.
> > > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot"

Sorry, I sent the message before I completed quoting you

"Sparky" <mrlooneybin@nospam.net> wrote in message

>One was their fault and YOU didn't catch it.

>On the shipping, they email you a Order Confirmation.

>You should have READ it, caught the shipping charge and
>called Customer Support RIGHT away. The charge would
> have been backed out right away.

As I said, we did look and it was correct, no shipping charge.

The shipping charge was for who knows what reason at to the amount that was
charged to our credit card.

> "Sparky" <mrlooneybin@nospam.net> wrote in message
>

> Do you know the old saying about "ASSUME".
> You ASSUME that we did not look at the order confirmation.
> We did and it was correct. No charge for shipping. It was the charge to
our
> credit card that was in error.
> We called the CC company and disputed the charge, but it still took over a
> month before Dell finally acknowledged the error.
>
> Next time don't ASSUME.
>

> "Sparky" <mrlooneybin@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > One was their fault and YOU didn't catch it.
> >
> > On the shipping, they email you a Order Confirmation.
> >
> > You should have READ it, caught the shipping charge and
> > called Customer Support RIGHT away. The charge would
> > have been backed out right away.
> >
> > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Every problem I have had was caused by
> > >
> > > Sorry, but I think that says more about you than anyone else.
> > >
> > > Of our five problems with Dell, two were faulty hardware, one was an
> > > incorrect shipment, one was charge for shipping when it was supposed
> be
> > > "free shipping" and the last was a mishandled credit back to our
credit
> > card
> > > for returned equipment. None were caused by our doing any thing wrong
> and
> > > all took from one to three months or more to get corrected.
> > >
> > > "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message

> > > business
> of
> > > the
> > > follow
> > > whatever
> > > retail
> > > name on
> > > know
> due

> > > telephone or
Again,
> > the
> > one
> > > wallet

> question
> > > the
> > > machines
> > replacement
> > due
> > > caused by
> asking
> > > them to
> > question
> > > in
> JLP20

why don't you take your stinking squirrel carcass elsewhere? isn't there a
brainless squirrel ng somewhere? you can commune with your fellow rodents
and stop harassing little old ladies!