Anyone work on Haunted House power supplies?

Hey folks:

Seeing as how I'm soldering challenged, I was wondering if anyone on
RGP does the required fixes for Gottlieb System 80 games (specifically
Haunted House). I've got a game that powers on and boots but the score
displays don't come on (though the credit display works). All fuses
test good.

If you know anyone who does this work, have I got business for you!

Thanks-
Mike

Or buy a new one here:http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rottendog/index.htm

zTim

Hi Mike

check out www.marvin3m.com. He has alot of good stuff on Gottlieb's
including Haunted House.

Jeff Rank
Mike Flanagan wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> Seeing as how I'm soldering challenged, I was wondering if anyone on
> RGP does the required fixes for Gottlieb System 80 games (specifically
> Haunted House). I've got a game that powers on and boots but the score
> displays don't come on (though the credit display works). All fuses
> test good.
>
> If you know anyone who does this work, have I got business for you!
>
> Thanks-
> Mike

karl

Hi Mike,

Sound like more work the the machine may be worth, perhaps you'd like
me to take it off your hands!

Congrats, GodSpeed, Karl.

I'm Jelious!!!
:mad:

Hi Mike,

where are you located? There may be one of those system 80 RGPers near you!

Regards,
Dan

Sounds to me like a bad/missing 8VDC offset.
The credit dispaly uses 5VDC for its DC offset, which is why it's
working.
Either you have a cracked/bad joint at the header pin on the PS board
(fairly likely) or you've got a bad CR7 zener (less likely, imo).

I'll fix it for you if you pay for the parts and return shipping...

....and dibs on the machine when you sell it :)

df

I ended up doing just that. I'll let everyone know if it solved the
problems when the unit arrives next week.

Mike